Behold! The Day of My Birth

Behold! The Day of My Birth

December 18, 2009

Lloyd

Today I join Lauren in the fourth decade. We are going to celebrate my birthday by celebrating Lauren’s Other Birthday. I’ll be taking her to Omaha where we will probably do the same things we always do in Omaha.

birthday-boy

We’ll go to Nebraska Furniture Mart. This time we’ll no doubt spend a lot of time looking at the stoves. I will count the number of stoves and report back. We will go to Nobbies and look at their crap. We will go to the Casino and spend $20 among the people who don’t look like they are having any fun. We’ll go to the snooty outside mall, but I won’t know why we’re there. If we spend the night, we’ll go see a movie.

Somewhere along the way, something unexpected will happen and I will end up having more fun than Lauren. Feel free to speculate on what that might be.

, ,

About Lloyd

Lloyd Sommerer is a middle/high school teacher who likes to build websites, read books, grow beards, make fun of Lauren’s prototypes and eat the sauce of the picante.

13 Responses to “Behold! The Day of My Birth”

1. Lauren's dad Said on:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LLOYD!

Happy Birthday! I will guess that while you’re at the casino, you’ll bump into some famous computer guy that none of us who comment here knows. Take a picture with him if you do.

I will guess that while you’re at NFM you’ll find a fantastic deal on a GIANT computer monitor. And buy it. But you will not buy a stove.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LLOYD!

I will also guess that Brad will get you an awesome birthday present that will negate any other wonderfulness that happens today on your four-oh.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LLOYD!

Enjoy your 40th birthdays weekend! I guess that at dinner you’ll get carded when you order a drink…and that someone will think your famous & ask for your autograph!

You’ll end up watching a movie that YOU like, and Lauren doesn’t.

Happy Birthday!

6. Lauren Said on:

“My name is Lauren Sommerer, and I disapprove this message.”

Hmmpf. We’re not going to Nobbies, but we are going to look at televisions. Ours is dying -- the flickering on the screen is seizure-inducing.

7. Mark Said on:

Gramph ptzzzzt hmmeeeee laaaaa

(Translation: Happy Birthday Uncle Lloyd!)

Your nephew,
    Matthew

8. Curt Said on:

Happy Birthday Lloyd!! When you are at NFM you will bump into Warren Buffet where you strike up a conversation about playing ukuleles. He will eventually ask what you are shopping for, you (Lauren) will say “a good deal on a stove”. He will regrettably say “I can’t get you a deal on a stove but I sure can give you a great deal on a large computer monitor”.

9. Annette Said on:

Happy Birthday Lloyd.

Happy Birthday Lloyd! 🙂

11. Rachel in Cali Said on:

Happy birthday my dearest bro in law. welcome to the dark side.
    I predict that, while at the snooty outdoor mall, you’ll unexpectedly happen upon the taping of some reality show……maybe Real Housewives of Omaha, make a few rabbit ears and funny faces at the camera, flash a “reality sucks!” sign, get kicked out.