What took me so long?

What took me so long?

January 4, 2010

School

I have been teaching preschool for a million bazillion years and every winter at recess I go on and on about how I’m going to buy some winter coveralls so I won’t freeze my tuckus off. Then, we go inside and I forget all about it until the next time I’m standing outside in the freezing cold. Stupid bad memory.

Well, no forgetting today! It’s actually way too cold to play outside, but it’s not too cold to go to Orscheln’s!

You crazy old lady.

They only had four ladies’ overalls left – one way too large, two way too short, and this one – a bit too snug and too long, but – good enough for who it’s for! I took a test walk around our street tonight, wearing them with my giant Eddie Bauer super-coat, and I was quite toasty. Mmmm…… toasty…..

The best part is that they zip right over my teacher clothes. Hooray!

I think I might wear a little too much brown.

11 Responses to “What took me so long?”

1. Amy Said on:

You look awesome 🙂 and they look really comfy!! Yay!

2. Lauren's dad Said on:

Ah! A fashionable Nebraska ski bunny! They fit you better than my Cabelas do me! You may never come inside now that you have them!

• Rae Said on:

With all the brown color, I believe that Nebraska snow bunnies are Chocolate Bunnies. I love chocolate bunnies!

If you wore that at home all the time, you’d NEVER need to turn on your heat. Wouldn’t that be awesome?

Love it! I’ve been looking for snowpants for 2 years now. I think I’ll be making a run to the local Bomgaars now.

5. Annette Said on:

Now figure out how to bathe in it and you’ll be a bazillionaire!

You are so cute!! What a good idea!

(speaking of cold…yesterday, for the 1st TIME in history I was cold at work. I thought for sure I was sick…why else would I be cold. But then I looked at the girl who sits behind me & laughed. She had on her winter coat, zipped, hood up & a scarf was wrapped around her legs. Come to find out the heat was not turned back on in our building after the break…and with the front door right by our office, well the wind came in alot.)

• Beth Said on:

HA! That girl behind you would have been me. It’s a balmy 16 degrees here today (yesterday’s high was 7, and tomorrow it’s supposed to be -1, so, yes, 16 is balmy). I’m sitting in my 68 degree house with three shirts, long johns, jeans, two pairs of socks and slippers and still comtemplating turing the heat up to 70. Because I’m SO COLD.

Brrrr….

I think I need coveralls. And I’m bigger than Lauren, so those big ones left at Orscheln’s (that’s pronounced Orsh-lin’s, weird, huh?) would probably fit me.

It’s truly wonderful. Love them!

8. Marisa Said on:

I am in awe!

9. Millie Said on:

You look great! And warm.