Do not run with this post.

Do not run with this post.

January 9, 2010

Cheap, Lloyd

I know we own several dozen scissors, but there’s never one in the drawer that is plainly labeled scissors. So today, while we were having Lauren’s Day of Fun in Lincoln, when we stopped off at Harbor Freight, I bought a 5 pack of them for $3.99. I would tell you how great they are and how they can cut things and stuff, but I can’t find any scissors to open the package.

It's pronounced /skis-ores/ around here.

Oh, and the back was interesting too…

Always read the instructions.

About Lloyd

Lloyd Sommerer is a middle/high school teacher who likes to build websites, read books, grow beards, make fun of Lauren’s prototypes and eat the sauce of the picante.

16 Responses to “Do not run with this post.”

Yay! I always have trouble finding scissors at your house, especially when I’m in the kitchen. Maybe one pair can be artuflly jammed point-first into the drywall by the microwave. Then I could always find it.

You should have a scissor holster that you wear on your belt. You could learn to do fancy tricks with it like twirl it around and draw it out really quick and cut things.

• CousingSam Said on:

You have found a surefire way to ensure Brad never visits. The most confiscated item at airport security is scissors. On the other side, it Brad got a job with TSA he would never want for scissors again. (Nightmares about cavity searches may not be worth bring supplies from work home.)

• Peggy Said on:

HA! That does sound really fun doesn’t it?

• Peggy Said on:

HA! That sounds really fun though…I may do it!

2. Lauren's mom Said on:

Isn’t it something that you can no longer function in the kitchen without a pair of scissors! “Back in the olden days” that wasn’t true.

3. Lauren's dad Said on:

Can’t you go to Harbor Freight and buy a needed pair of scissors? BTW, what is “scissor tipe?”

You’re encouraging Brad to go to Harbor Freight, right? That will be a real challenge, since he hates to shop. 🙂 Ha! I almost said it with a straight face!

“Scissor tipe” is a terrible, terrible medical condition. I believe PBS does a telethon for it every year.

4. Lauren Said on:

So, Lloyd, now we’re calling ‘doing errands’ ‘Lauren’s Day of Fun’? Will we call ‘grocery shopping’ ‘going to Disneyland’?

Love the title of the post! Ha!

What is it with scissors that they can never be found… in every household it seems? This is what I do now…I use the kitchen scissors that came with that big block of knives. I never use them for food, and I always know where they are. No one else in my house would think to use them so they’re mine….all mine….MUAAAAHHHH!

Hey, why aren’t my comments posting?

8. Amy Said on:

This is great! I need to find some cheap scissors for work… 🙂

I’ll have to start wearing safety goggles more often!

9. Lloyd's Mom Said on:

Enjoy your scissors until they get lost again. If everything were plainly labeled in this house it might fall in from shock!