Well.

February 22, 2010

They can't all be winners.

Here it is, Monday night, and another post needs writing. It hasn’t been the best of days. I won’t go into it all and I don’t really need cheering up, I’m just not in a good place to try and write something chipper. How about you tell me something you are looking forward to today? Doesn’t have have to be anything great, just a little bright spot up ahead. For instance, I believe I might be having bacon as part of my lunch. That’ll be good.

17 Responses to “Well.”

Today is lunch day at school. Woo hoo! We have a catering service that offers lunch on Tuesdays. You order it a month at a time, so I ordered today’s lunch a month ago. I have no idea what it will be. I’m so excited!

2. deanne Said on:

I’m going to wear both new shoes today at work. They’re Dansko clogs (patent leather!), and I got them because I fractured my foot and had to wear an air cast, which was tall. The clogs were tall -- without being heels -- so I’ve been wearing only one… with my boot. Today, I’ll wear my boot for transportation and both new clogs all day!.

3. Nigel Said on:

I’m flying to England. Two months away from blistering hot Australia. Plus shopping. That’s never bad.

• Brad Said on:

Hey! I’m going to England too! I’ll be there the week after Easter.
      I’m already practicing my British English:

“Is there a lift up to your flat on the second floor?”
      “Throw this scrap of paper in the rubbish.”
      “They can haul the load away in a lorry.”
      “I’m going to the store for some veg.”

It’s “Temperature Tuesday” at Runza. So, I’ll probably get a Runza for lunch for about 8 cents. Awesome.

Lauren, you can also be excited about dinner, yes? It’s Subway night for the St. John Youth group. Ten percent of proceeds between 5 and 8 pm go toward the National Youth Gathering fund raising. (How about that shameless plug?)

• Peggy Said on:

That is awesome! Temp. Tues!!

I can’t think of anything to look forward to…I don’t have a good lunch, probably won’t have a good dinner, but I am grateful for something…I’m very grateful I didn’t poison someone we all know & love.

5. Lauren's dad Said on:

It’s to be in the mid-twenties in a few hours. Right now our thermometer reads 1° F. Underground weather says 7° F. Don’t know for sure which is correct. I get to take our taxes information to the accountant and then feed my three pets at the Delta hospital, aka, candy and chip vending machines. Tonight is chorus rehearsal, and we’re going.

We’re going to the library today. That means I get out of the house!

7. Lauren's mom Said on:

It’s only 76 days until I can plant flowers. That is something I am looking forward to, -- and it is less than a month until spring!

Wait…I’m looking forward to my giant Diet Pepsi at lunch…from the fountain…with LOTS of ice! (Towson U. is a Pepsi only campus)

9. Lloyd Said on:

I’m looking forward to Civilization V coming out in the fall. I hope it doesn’t mean that I have to get a new computer.

10. Erika Said on:

My delivery of my favorite potato chips are coming today. I can’t get them locally…Deep River snacks in Maui Onion…yummmm

I, too, spend time looking for little things to try to be excited about… But right now, since I’m being put on the spot, I can’t think of a blessed thing.

But in retrospect, today I realized that at 5:15 pm the sun was still up in the sky. That was good.

12. Annette Said on:

I’m making meatloaf for supper tonight just so I will have leftovers, (plenty, I might add). My dad’s favorite sandwich is a meatloaf sandwich and tomorrow is his birthday. The leftovers will be his gift! (I’ll buy fancy bread!)