Pause

I have a good story to tell, but I felt really sick yesterday evening and slept from 4:00 yesterday until just now. Let’s hope that today goes better.

Let’s fill space by …… heck, I don’t know. (My stomach hurts. I can’t think.)

10 Responses to “Pause”

I was grading a quiz yesterday and one of the kids answered a fill-in-the-blank like this:

David saw Bathsheba while he was walking on his SHEEP.

Heh. It was supposed to be “roof”.

2. Lloyd Said on:

Another teacher told me that their class was talking about The Great Compromise (also known, at least in Connecticut, as The Connecticut Compromise). They were assigned sides and had to debate the issue, but when they were done they had to say how they would have voted (you know, apart from their assigned role). When they got around to the only black student in the class he said, “I would have been a slave, so I wouldn’t have had a vote.”

• Beth Said on:

Erm. It was the Ratification of the Constitution. Would you have been a ratifier, or a non-ratifier? But, with that Connecticut business, you were close.

Right now on Woot they are selling DVD’s of the series ‘Miami Vice’. I had a brush with greatness (greatness is realitive) and ‘Miami Vice’. Me & Little Joe & 2 other mothers with kids were in Miami & decided to go to a park on like a Wednesday. A ways into the park imagine our surprise when suddenly out of the bushes men dressed in all black with rifles appeared. Some guy told us to pull over & park. They were filming an episode of ‘Miami Vice’. We stayed to watch & walked right past Don Johnson (within 4 feet) & Michael Phillip Thomas or Phillip Michael Thomas or Thomas Michael Phillip…whatever…We were there about an hour. They even blew up a car. It was fun!

Speaking of paws…. Jerome and Joanna are clipping our dog’s paws and trimming the long hair over the paws.

That’s all I got.

“Pause” was the second button on the DVD player that Tara learned.

I love to get fried chicken at Chicken Pauls!

You pause a record by lifting the arm. My son knows this, but he doesn’t like to stop a record in the middle. He likes to listen to side a fully and then side b fully.

8. Gretchen Said on:

Speaking of brushes with greatness…or reality TV stars…I ran the Little Rock half-marathon and at mile 8 I got a cup of water from Jim Bob Duggar (of 19 kids and counting.) The whole Duggar crew was assisting at the water stop.

9. Lauren Said on:

You guys are the best. 🙂