Warning, boring navel gazing post follows… So, I read about this service called crazy egg that lets you know where people are clicking on your website. It’s not free, but it’s on $19.00 per month. I was interested enough that I signed up for a month. Here are some more results:
Dots don’t always line-up where you might expect them to, because they were taken over the course of about a week, but all displayed on this one page. Here are some random thoughts:
- No one knows that the RSS graphic near the top right is a button/link.
- “Most Popular”, “Videos”, “Drawings” and “Worst Day Ever” are good category names.
- “Journal” and “More”, not so much.
- Some people use the subscribe links at the top (they came with the theme).
- “Misc” pages didn’t get much love. They are gone now.
- A few people click on the delicious and twitter tabs. You know who you are.
There, see? I told you it was boring. But if you want, you can see the whole page and add any other random thoughts too.