Zombie Threat Level Map

Zombie Threat Level Map

April 11, 2010

Lloyd

There are several good sources for general zombie preparedness information. But they all seem to report on the likelihood of a universal of zombie outbreak. If you’re trying to guarantee the survival of yourself and your family, or planning a vacation, you’ll want to know what the zombie threat level is on a state by state basis.

Yesterday we had the data in a handy table. Nice, but who wants to take that kind of time? Today we have the same information culled from state by state news reports, blog posts and tweets. Click on a state for more specific data.

Opps, couldn’t find the map. You may need to upgrade your Flash Player

Technical Details: a python script grabs the state by state data from google and twitter then saves an xml file that the flash map (from the lovely people at amMap) displays.

You might also be interested in these fine people:

, ,

About Lloyd

Lloyd Sommerer is a middle/high school teacher who likes to build websites, read books, grow beards, make fun of Lauren’s prototypes and eat the sauce of the picante.

9 Responses to “Zombie Threat Level Map”

1. Keren Lowell Said on:

I highly recommend the book ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’ by (for the most part) Jane Austin. It’s especially good bedtime reading.

I’ve heard of that. Maybe it’s time for a trip to the library. I wonder it they’d have it?

I also strongly feel we need another link to Karla and Aaron’s most excellent video suggestion. That was hilarious!

So it looks like South Dakota is maybe the best place to be right now?

Or maybe Wyoming.

Oh Yes Wyoming!
      With the trees and the horses and the rocks and the sheep

Oh Yes I’m Going!
      Where the dead stay dead and your
      brains they don’t eat.

Are Zombies a bad thing? I never knew.

4. Keren Lowell Said on:

And to think I didn’t even check my home state til now. I should develop some kind of plan of action….How did it get so out of control so quickly? There aren’t that many people that live here in the first place.

5. deanne Said on:

I’m very happy to see your blog pulling into Facebook. Recently, I haven’t had time for my Google Reader, but I still get on Facebook with some regularity. I’m going to be sure you’re set to HIGH!

6. Andy Said on:

Check out why the zombie level is so high in Nebraska right now. A HUGE push is on to name the new UFL team the OMAHA ZOMBIES!

7. Brian Hardin II Said on:

Okay, this is too damn cool. How can I link it up to my site? I’ve got two actually.. http://www.ZombieMall.com and http://www.ZombieUniversity.net