Knobbly, sweaty feet

Knobbly, sweaty feet

April 12, 2010

Prototype

One of the good things about working at a preschool is that there are round yellow column blocks that you can shove in your shoes at naptime to try and push out the parts of your new shoes that are irritating your bunions.

The three bandaids and a wad of tissue weren't helping.

That’s right – I said bunions. Stupid knobbly feet that prevent me from wearing cute shoes. Stupid nerves getting pinched.

As long as I’m whining about shoes, lets complain about socks as well. I bought a pair of ‘no show’ socks, and honestly – they show all over the place. I’m not overly fond of wearing shoes without socks, so tomorrow I’m trying a new invention: Homemade insoles/liners that sit (and stay) inside the shoe like a no-show sock, made from a piece of 47-cent felt. They’re crazy long so they go around the back of my heels and over the toes a little. Hopefully walking around won’t make them bunch up into a ball in the middle.

I traced around the shoe and added some length.

If this works out, I’ll go global with it and share my millions with you – my three loyal readers.

11 Responses to “Knobbly, sweaty feet”

I’m suddenly thinking about a TV commercial where the dad’s solution to socks is to dip his son’s feet in some sort of latex. Maybe you could paint socks on each day.

First, I LOVE the shoes…they are cute!!!

Second, your no show socks are GENIUS!

Third, do you really have bunions?

Fourth, why can’t you wear regular socks with those shoes?

3. Curt Said on:

Would we get bunions if we didn’t wear shoes? I think if we didn’t wear shoes we…Ouch!!! Something bit me……I don’t feel so gooooood…..I……I…..Arh…..oooogaaaaallaaaaa…….dooohaaaa nomaaaaa……..GRAAAAAAAAHHH!!

• Peggy Said on:

According to the internet, we would not…

Bunions are reported to be more prevalent in people who wear shoes than in barefoot people.

I go barefoot as much as possible. I don’t have bunions.

4. Deborah Said on:

How many steps does it take until the felt bunches up into a ball?

5. Lloyd Said on:

Are they made of sheep?

6. Quiana Said on:

Ooooooooo I’m so excited! I can’t wait to hear if this idea pans out.

7. Kiwe Said on:

I think you have more than three!

8. Lauren Said on:

Updates for all!

Brad: Ew.

Peggy: 1. Thank you. New Target score. 2. Thank you! 3. Yes. Regular bunion on left foot, and apparently a ‘tailor’s bunion’ on the right. (It’s by my little toe on that foot.) 4. I did wear regular socks on Monday, but our temps have been in the high 70’s and I was getting hot.

Curt: I would not. Dang those shoes.

Deborah: None at all! They totally worked! The felt was a bit bunched at my toes, but not uncomfortable Let the millions roll in.

Lloyd: I wish they were. It’s polyester felt and that is a bit icky.

Quiana: Panned! Hooray!

Kiwe: Yeah, you guys are all awesome. 🙂

9. Jessica Said on:

If you like the idea of sheep, you can buy sheep’s wool innersoles made to replace the ones in Uggs. That might be hot, but maybe not. Along the same line, you could find an old, thin wool sweater at a thrift store, wash it in HOT soapy water a few cycles and dry it to felt it, and then cut it up into several pairs of innersoles….