No camera Saturday.

I left my camera at school, which isn’t really a loss because I didn’t do or see anything picture-worthy this evening.  (A blissful three hours of being quiet and sitting around.  Love it, love it, love it.)

Hmmmmmm…. turns out that I don’t have anything interesting to say, either……

Um….

Hmmmm….. this post is really taking a turn for the worse, isn’t it?

Quick. Somebody say something. The silence is getting awkward.

18 Responses to “No camera Saturday.”

Here’s something I’ve wanted to ask a group of people:
    When you say the names of a couple, do you follow a pattern? Do you say the man’s name first, or the person you knew first first? I thought I followed a pattern of saying the name with less syllables first, but I don’t do it consistently, so I’m not sure it’s a pattern.

• Beth Said on:

I usually follow the pattern of saying the less-syllable name first. But I consciously prefer to say the man’s name first, so my pattern is apparently to say the less-syllable name first, unless that’s not the man’s name.
      Interestingly enough, most couples are man-one-syllable, woman-more-syllable names…except in the case of Harold and me. And most everyone I know calls us ‘Beth and Harold’, not ‘Harold and Beth’.

• Peggy Said on:

After many tests just now….I seem to say the person I know best or met first 1st, unless I know them equally or met them at the same time…then I say the one syllable name 1st…which Beth is right, is usually the mans name. For the record, this is one topic I have never thought about before.

I never got back to this one.
      Hmmmm…
      Mom & Dad
      Beth & Harold
      John & Kate (not the t.v. show)
      Lloyd & Lauren (because of this)
      Charles & Deborah
      Jerome and Kristi

There seems to be a tendency toward shorter name first, guy first if they have the same syllables.

The question I want answered is, why, oh why on God’s beautiful earth have the skinny jeans become popular again? Why.

Something.

(Am I the only one who knows how to follow directions)

Crazy weather, we’re having, isn’t it?

Are you guys flooded out?

• Kristi Said on:

Not quite. I’ve never seen this much water in town, nor has anybody else around here. We did provide refuge to some friends whose town was in danger of losing 30 homes. Their water was contaminated for 3 days, so they stayed with us.

Max, our labradoodle, almost drowned, but Jerome, MY HERO!, jumped into the creek to save him. And, yes, we say “crick” around here, not “creeeeeeeek.”

Where do you live Kristi? And I’m soooo glad Max was rescued! YAY!

• Kristi Said on:

I live in a little town in Nebraska that boasts a population of 51 people. On one side of me is the current mayor. On the other side of our house is the former mayor. At one time I considered running for mayor, but when I learned that I would be responsible for snow removal, well, that was the end of that.

6. Deborah Said on:

“Labradoodle”--that’s a funny word.

7. Deborah Said on:

Charles is not much of a talker, so he ALWAYS has music on. You could try that on this site.

Hey, I noticed some new pictures on your thing on the side, so I took a look. I really like LL. It looks really nice!

How many students do you have…MS…HS?

Yeah, I wanted to start a photo group for the people at Lincoln Lutheran who take pictures. We have some good photographers, but most people don’t see the pictures that they take.

Since I already had a flickr account, I made the group there. I didn’t want it to be blank when those people saw it, so I uploaded some of the pictures that I’m using on the school website.

There are about 380 students all together. I suppose about 180 in middle school and 200 in High School.