Anniversary Celebration!

Anniversary Celebration!

August 29, 2010

Journal

Surprise! I was in Colorado! You may have noticed that my last few posts were lamer than usual, and that’s because it’s very hard to post pictures from my little laptop.
It was a glorious weekend! All the siblings flew in from their various states, and we had just what Mom and Dad wanted – “a cake and their kids”. We visited for quite some time at the hotel Keren, Phil and I stayed in (future post), made some yummy food (future post) ate at a fancy restaurant, and had a reception after church. It was wonderful.

We made Mom get out her wedding dress, and even try it on. Not too shabby for a 72-year old! Er, 30-year-old. (Sorry, Mom.)

My sister Keren ordered a cake that was a little replica of their original, and it was beautiful!

IMG_0038

Here’s the gang!

IMG_0046

The dinner was delicious and delightful! There’s a little restaurant called RJ’s that serves surprisingly upscale food for little Cedaredge, Colorado. I, of course, had the French Dip. No matter where I am – French Dip, please.

IMG_0027

My aunt sent Mom and Dad a lovely crystal bowl, and my dad really seemed to like it.

IMG_0941

The Love of Funny runs deep in our family. 😀

11 Responses to “Anniversary Celebration!”

Cereal in a crystal bowl! Ha! I could get on board with that.

My goodness, Lauren. At the restaurant, your posture is extremely straight and tall.

And your mom fits into her wedding dress, too? You girls are skinny-minnies!

What a GREAT celebration!!! And what an adorable couple…who by no means look 72!!

Nice job on that cake Keren…it looks fantastic!

(could someone give me who everone is in the group pic. I know most, I think-but not all)

And one more time:

Of course! From left to right: Phil (from California), Jacob (Keren’s youngest son and super-duper car enthusiast. Seriously, he will give you a run for your money regarding auto knowledge.), Keren (from Alaska), Mom, Dad, Mark (from Missouri), me, Lloyd, and Charlie (Keren’s oldest -- full of funny voices and movie-star handsomeness).

4. Lauren's dad Said on:

Nice work, Lauren! Thank you!

Peggy, I couldn’t possibly look 72, as I already am 73. But, thanks anyway! 🙂

5. Charles Said on:

Nice Job!

Wow! You can really tell this was a big occasion. Lloyd got his hair cut -- or at least has it neatly combed! 🙂

7. Karen M. Said on:

Great, great pictures. Hope you publish more. Fabulous party and family.