They keep going and going

They keep going and going

September 19, 2010

Journal

I’m not going to pretend like I know what kind of flowers these are. I have people for that sort of thing. But I did want to point out that they have not stopped blooming for many moons. They all like to bloom at once, and they have been at it off and on since spring.

This morning they were covered in dew, and I’m a sucker for anything covered in dew, so here are some pictures…

Flower number one

Flower number two

Flower number three

Flower number four

p.s. I’m liking the new camera on the iPhone.

About Lloyd

Lloyd Sommerer is a middle/high school teacher who likes to build websites, read books, grow beards, make fun of Lauren’s prototypes and eat the sauce of the picante.

12 Responses to “They keep going and going”

1. Kitt Said on:

I hope someone can ID them for you. I need more ever-bloomers.

Those are sedum plants. Those flowers look bright enough to be the cultivar named ‘Brilliant’, but the plants aren’t tall enough. I have a variety called ‘Neon’, Kitt, and I LOVE them.

I’ve never seen your sedum in bloom. Thanks for the pictures!

3. Lauren Said on:

Is this why you’re such a big fan of Mountain Dew? They really hooked you with that.

Those are BEAUTIFUL!! (great title btw)

I think I’d like them too in my garden (if I had one)….but why are these sedums blooming for many moons, and Brad’s haven’t fully flowered yet…according to his latest video???? Brad?

PS I’m not a fan of dew.

6. Rae Said on:

I too have ‘ever blooms or ever grow’ being pretty in my flower bed. It is about their 3rd summer in this spot and this is the first time I have had them bloom like this. I just love it that God created something so simple and pretty in one plant.

7. Curt Said on:

So do these bloom spring to fall?

• Curt Said on:

Oops. I guess if I would read your post thoroughly I wouldn’t have asked this stupid question. Next time I will stop working while reading your posts.

8. Sonya Said on:

Those are really pretty flowers.

I found your blog thru the pioneer woman. You left a comment on her butterfly effect for photo shop. Thanks for the help. After I changed my ‘ mark the code worked perfect for me.