Happy Halloween!

October 30, 2010

Uncategorized

Um, I’m gonna need me a baby owl. Especially one that hunts imaginary prey.

And now, for something to comment about: Three childhood Halloween costumes, in no particular order. I’ll go first:

* Darth Vader (borrowed helmet from brother)
* Jawa (I was supposed to have glowing eyes, but technology hadn’t caught up yet)
* A clown? (Huh, it’s hard for me to come up with three. Drat my terrible memory.)

10 Responses to “Happy Halloween!”

1. Keren Lowell Said on:

OK. That is the cutest predator I’ve ever seen.

Superman (store-bought)
    A ghost (white sheet)
    A monster (brown sheet with hair clumps glued on)

3. Lloyd Said on:
    1. Robot: 8 juice cans for arms & legs, grocery bag spray painted silver for body and store bought mask.
    2. Captain America: Dad made this really cool shield (I don’t remember anything else about it)
    3. ???: huh, couldn’t even come up with three. Strange

Tinkerbelle (Mom made it -- a green costume with little bells on it)

A witch (a bunch of black clothes and fabric, and a store bought hat)

Smurfette (I used Mom’s blue eye shadow to “paint” my face, it was pathetic)

5. Nigel Said on:

Only did it once, curse the Australian lack of interest.
    Curiously though I have a picture of the one costume I did wear, which you can see here

Raggedy Ann -- It was a cute mask from cheap store, but I can’t breathe in those masks.

Clown -- The multi-colored wig made my look complete.

Old lady -- I had powder in my hair and old lady glasses.

*Gasp* Was I ever a child? I don’t remember.

Ragedy Ann (homemade-dyed mop for hair)

Witch (homemade except for the hat--I remember I had been sick & my mom put so much clothing on under the costume, I had a hard time getting up the steps of all the houses)

Fidel Castro (by accident, I was probably 10 & I just grabbed a jacket, fake beard/mustache thingy & wore a cap …. and so many people said Fidel Castro—I didn’t even know who he was)