No thanks, TSA.

No thanks, TSA.

November 16, 2010

Journal

Like my picture? I’m going into the iron-on making business and I’m wearing that shirt next week.

Not that I travel by plane much, but I’m irritated by the new security measures that the TSA has come up with. You’ve heard of this? Either get a full-body scan that shows all 2000 of the parts that Lever soap keeps clean, or have an ‘unhappy honeymoon’ pat-down. Normally I’m a ‘keep your head in the sand’ kind of person and don’t even bother to be informed with nationwide goings-on, but this one riles me. It seems like a no-win “Would you rather….?” game. Let me see what I can come up with:

Would you rather eat a handful of needles or have a piranha chew the flesh off your leg?

Would you rather have a bowel movement in front of your co-workers or have to wear your underwear on the outside of your pants all the time?

Would you rather have a naked picture taken in a public place or be groped by a complete stranger, also in a public place?

Oh wait – I didn’t make that last one up.

Perhaps you could come up with one that’s worse.

23 Responses to “No thanks, TSA.”

I’ve typed three different comments now, and they all sounded like I was crazy. I’m a little overly emotional about the security theater at airports.

I will simply say: I strongly agree with you.

Complete Agreement.

I even said to Harold last night after seeing the report on the news, “Well. Looks like it will be road trips from now on.”

And I’ll take on of those shirts. Or iron ons.

3. Lloyd Said on:

Oleg Volk wrote a funny article about this very topic today. Coincidence? All I can say is that the two of you should be prepared for a visit from The Authorities any time now.

• Peggy Said on:

HAHA! “…slighty less intrusive than an autopsy!”

I haven’t flown since all the new & improved measures have been enacted…until last week. I was in one of those body scanners. Ahhhh! On the return flight I didn’t see a scanner—Whew! Just a guy standing there waving me toward him, wearing two rubber gloves! What the????? I sheepishly approached and ….. to be continued.

4. Rae Said on:

We will be DRIVING to Colorado for Christmas this year…

I immediately thought of these t-shirts… Hehe

and

I’ll give a major award to the first person that wears one for a flight on a major airline.

6. Lloyd Said on:

This has always been one of my favorite Ben Franklin quotes:

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

• Brad Said on:

I like this quote:

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

But it’s not Ben Franklin.

7. Deborah Said on:

I don’t care if they do either one. I figure, with my body, I’m giving them a little bonus for the day.

“I OPT OUT.” Yes, I meant that to look and sound like I’m yelling — because I am!

9. Jill Said on:

How the heck am I supposed to get to San Antonio in Dec?? Stupid security.

I have a “would you rather,” but it’s kind of risque…are we ok with that here? I don’t want to be THAT poster…

10. Charles Said on:

Can someone please get Deborah a decent avitar?!

11. Charles Said on:

Worthy of her body. (She’s right you know

…always right.)

12. Lauren Said on:

Of course she is! 🙂

13. Keren Lowell Said on:

I think what I’ll do the next time I fly is just start taking all my clothes off before I go through the little gate thingie. That should mix it up a little.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. And Then… « Away For A Bit - December 6, 2010

[…] then I knew, knew, knew that I was gonna be a random sample and, unless I agreed to be xrayed **,  I was going to have my goolies played with, and not in a good […]