Out of my box.

Out of my box.

December 5, 2010

Journal

I am very, very brave.

I have had a deep, secret longing to wear boots for forever, but have never had the guts to do it. Boots are cool, and I am not. Last spring I bought some Wal-Mart boots on super-duper clearance and have had them in the closet since then. (They have a wedge heel that I’m not crazy about.) I have a preschool mom who is cool, though, and when I was telling her about how wearing boots is way, way out of my comfort zone. She told me, “Just wear them.”

So I did. Only two days, but to five separate events – Lloyd’s concert, church, Beth’s Parade of Homes, the Concordia Concert, and an after-concert thing at the Royuks.

Cost per wear? 4 bucks. Mission accomplished.

18 Responses to “Out of my box.”

1. Keren Said on:

And you felt mighty cool every single time, right? As you should. Awesome boots.

Congratulations on your braveness! I too have wanted to wear something, but have been afraid -- I’ve wanted to wear a top hat. But I don’t think top hats are cool. And if I wore one, I wouldn’t be brave. I’d be strange.

3. Rae Said on:

You are way cool, Lauren. I am happy that you also became brave. Wear those boots more (and take more pictures so that we can see the cute wedge heels!)

What?!? You have to be cool to wear boots? Oops.

(Yea Lauren, you’re cool….anything you wear, automatically becomes cool!)

5. Jill Said on:

I can think of at least one compliment you received while wearing the boots! 😉 Yay boots!

6. Quiana Said on:

My Granny always says that it matters less how your ensemble looks, and more of how you feel in it. If you look meh in it, but you love the shirt, (within reason) you will look great because you feel great.

I favor the philosophy of “let the haters hate, and watch my money pile up”. So far no money, but always doing what I want has turned out well for me. If someone thinks you look silly in those boots, who cares? Anyway, if they’re close enough to notice, they’re close enough to kick.

You know what you need now? A black pair. Or maybe gray.

So what made you decide to use the dishwasher as the background for your boot picture?

8. Laurie Said on:

One good post deserves another.

You rocked those boots, girl! So happy I got to be in their presence for a Sunday afternoon of bottlenecked kitchens and hand-sanitized cookies!

9. Amy Peavy Said on:

Those are cute boots! I say you go for 2 dollars a wear ^_~

10. usb hard drive Said on:

Hi, nice day. Great posting. You may have gained a new subscriber. Pleasee continue an excellent job as well as I anticipate more of your good websites.