Do it! Do it! Do it!

Do it! Do it! Do it!

December 9, 2010

Journal

Ladies and gentlemen, if you have fifteen minutes to kill while waiting for your prescription to fill, I highly recommend spending them playing with the Dr. Scholl’s Custom Fit Orthotic Insert kiosk! You take off your shoes, step on the pads and then play a low-skill-level video game! You lean forward until this dot on the screen goes into a target – and you win!! You win an expensive $50 pair of custom fit orthotic inserts!!! (I refused the prize, though. The thrill of victory was enough for me.)

Here are my feet:
I walk on my heels.

I felt sorry for Lloyd and his lack of toes on his right foot.
Poor missing toes.

It tells you the number of the ten (or so) orthotics you should buy. My friend Kate had a good question – what if you had perfect feet? Would it recommend an insert or start chiming like you won a jackpot and give you a bunch of tokens?

12 Responses to “Do it! Do it! Do it!”

Lauren has a low level of foot pressure, and Lloyd has a high level of foot pressure… I guess opposites DO attract!

I can’t wait to try this & compare my footmap with yours!

The footmaps of you two don’t seem that different. I wonder what the determinating factor is to make the diagnosis so opposite? (Unless it is the missing toes)

3. Rae Said on:

Do you play this game with your socks still on? If not, I am sort of grossed out by the prospect of a toe jam surface. I also REALLY want to draw a face on Lloyd’s right, toeless foot. It reminds me of a sock puppet with pop up ears.

4. christina Said on:

That toeless thing seems to be genetic now???

My sister is referring to the fact that our dad is missing a few toes on one of his feet as well. His toes came off in a rake accident when he was a kid, and had nothing whatsoever to do with Dr. Scholl’s new video game.

• Peggy Said on:

Are you really missing toes?

• Curt Said on:

Ouch. That sucks about your dad’s toes. I am fortunate to have all my digits. The last time I about lost my toes was a few years ago. I was taking a barrel of oil off the back of the truck. Set the edge right on my toes. Thought for sure I popped a couple of toes off. Looking back, it is a wonder I didn’t throw my back out.

5. Curt Said on:

Based on the pressure points on your heals, it looks like you both are leaning back and to the left….back and to the left….back and to the left.

Does it also give you a foot massage? Because that’s what I want. A foot massage.