Bottles of watery shame

Bottles of watery shame

I’ve been trying to put away/get rid of a few things in the basement every day this January. (It’s a job Lloyd could accomplish in one hour, but I’m enjoying the aimlessness of the challenge.) Anyway, today I moved the opened case of plastic water bottles to a shelf, instead of where it has been for months – in the direct path to the washer and dryer.

I don’t even know why they are here. I think Lloyd had to buy them for some Republican function and they didn’t all get used. So, they have sat in my basement, and I don’t know what to do. I am mad at their very existence. Water is accessible everywhere. Use a glass, people! For me it’s on par with buying bagged air. (Sidebar: I absolutely adore those reusable metal water bottles, and drool over all the cute designs, but have successfully avoided buying even one. I never drink plain water unless I’m taking a pill. Flavored beverages for me, please, and keep ’em coming.)

Back to the bottles – so, they will live on the shelf forever, and only be used in an ’emergency’, which will never come. Even if we somehow lose our piped-in water, I will probably still hoard the stuff, thinking that we should save it for our seventh day without water, when we’ll really need it.

Stupid bottles. *grumble grumble*

Bright side – I did not trip on the way to wash clothes tonight!

15 Responses to “Bottles of watery shame”

I have to say, I don’t really like how bottled water tastes. Give me good ol’ tap. Unless it’s Seward water before the fancy new processing plant was put in. That water was poison.

My brother-in-law says he can tell the difference between bottled waters. He has a definite preference, although I couldn’t tell you what it is.

3. Lauren's cad Said on:

When you were in junior high or high school, Lauren, a Canadian water bottling company bought our Orchard City water and hauled it to Canada in tankers to be bottled. It supposedly was a perfect match to the water they had there. But, I never saw any of it on shelves here.

4. Lauren's dad Said on:

Make that “dad!” Although I qualify for a cad!!!

Uh-oh…I drink bottled water sometimes. I really like my grocery store’s brand. The bottle has a nice squirt top. I only buy one about once a month & keep refilling it with tap water….unitl it gets to bent up. Am I banned from your site now?

6. Lauren Said on:

A response to all:

Jill -- well played!
    Kristi -- I bet he’s one of those super-tasters. Remind me to never make coffee for him.
    Dad -- We do have some fine-tasting water on the western slope!
    Courtney -- That makes me CRAZY!!!! If I were better about mailing stuff I’d do that, though it IS a great opportunity for me to go bottle shopping……
    Peggy -- You can do no wrong in my eyes, though I will frown towardd the east once a month now.
    Deborah -- Also ha!

7. Mark Said on:

I LOVE Nestle bottled water. Throw that stuff in your trunk and bring it down. We’ll drink it and recycle the bottles.