Avoid!

Avoid!

January 13, 2011

Journal

I needed to go to Wal*Mart after work, and then Lloyd and I swung by McDonald’s for some food. He got some burgers and fries, and I ordered things with five words – a crispy ranch chicken snack wrap, and something new: A tuscan tomato basil grilled flatbread. Whew, I should have just ordered the Extra Adjectives meal – hold the fries.

I was exceeding disappointed in both items. My wrap had a tiny strip of meat and tons of breading (which I then asked them to wrap in more bread), so that was hard to eat. The flatbread came in a big ol’ piece of plastic, and that made me mad. I’ll never order it again. (It tasted alright, but had too much eco-guilt flavor.)

Dang it.

Stupid tuscan chicken basil flatbread tomato. Wait. How does that go?

Of course, I’m going to keep that stupid piece of plastic around to see if I can re-use it before I recycle it. This is how hoarding begins…….

17 Responses to “Avoid!”

Mmm… Breading wrapped in bread. Sounds like the perfect mid-winter food: loaded with carbohydrates.

2. Lloyd Said on:

I think this is just the start of McDonald’s renaming all of their foods with longer, more cumbersome names. Soon we’ll see things like:

old: fillet-o-fish new: steaming hot bunned ocean catch

Okay, that’s all I’ve got. I was going to try to do the Big-Mac, but I can’t remember what everyone else calls the sauce on a Big-Mac.

3. Curt Said on:

You could use that container as a case for your glasses.

But the Southwest Chicken Flat Bread Sandwich is so very tasty.

I don’t know what you’ll put in that fancy container, but I do know the minute you recycle it….you’ll think of something.

I’m so boring. I always get the same thing at McDonalds. Hamburger, fries, diet coke.

Nice asparagus. Is that a side-dish?

7. Quiana Said on:

This is like when Dr. Pepper made Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

I don’t understand. These names are so weirdly descriptive and simultaneously uninteresting. “I wonder what Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper tastes like? Oh. Probably like Diet Dr. Pepper, with cherry and vanilla….” Introducing “Pepper Esq.”, yea, I’d try that.

Oh and regarding the plastic containers, I keep my wet Swiffer refill boxes and my salad containers from work and use them to organize craft items, toiletries, and other small things. They stack really well!

I’m not crazy, I’m crazy organized. 🙂

I need a way to organize all of our organizational items. When I was cleaning the basement I made a huge stack of old plastic crates, boxes, bins, drawers, jars and miscellanea containers that were once used to organize things, but are now things in need or organization themselves.

Most of our organizing now takes place in the Library Card Catalog or in rather large rubber-maid containers.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Lazy candy. | LloydAndLauren.com - February 3, 2011

[…] Hershey’s? Another candy bar with a lazy name? You need to team up with McDonald’s, since they are just brimming with adjectives. You’re “Thingamajig” could be a […]