Um.

Um.

February 24, 2011

Journal

Soooooo…… remember when the furnace was broken? Well, here was the ‘problem’.

Josh is a nice guy.

Here’s the worst part – I had actually changed the batteries myself, thinking that might be the problem.

At least they didn’t charge me for the batteries Josh put in there. There is that.

11 Responses to “Um.”

1. Amy Said on:

hehe ^^;;;;

“Other” costs forty-eight dollars?!? Is that a charge for the silliness of the repair?

(Ugh. I’m having flashbacks to the electrician calling me “Slick”.)

• Rae Said on:

I was wondering about the “other” category also. I find them disturbingly TOO convenient to have on a bill. I think that if you use the “other” category, you should have to fill out an explanation. (Like the ones that you find on a survey: “If other, please explain:______.”)

Ha! We got crazy-charged by Josh once when our microwave wasn’t working. We didn’t know it was in a parallel circuit with the outlet behind the flour canister, and apparently the test/reset button had been tripped.

So we paid Josh $74 for pressing the reset button. $34 Labor. $40 Trip Charge.

• Christina Said on:

I paid $82 for the an electrician to push the reset button as well…..of course it was a little odd, the 1/2 bath downstairs was wired with 1/2 the power in the upstairs master bathroom. When the electrician hit the reset button he said,”I thought it would be here when you told me what the problem was on the phone.” So why didn’t he just say Texas does strange wire jobs and have me push all the resets in the house???

4. Gretchen Said on:

I think I need a job like Josh has.

5. Deborah Said on:

I’m not going to pull any punches--that’s pretty pitiful. However, it is always nice to get your flame sensor cleaned!

6. karla Said on:

Once we paid $88 for a new gas cap for the car. We didn’t know that Autozone would check our “Service Engine Soon” light for free and just took it into a shop. Oopsies.

Geez, I change batteries for various things here at work all the time. From now on, someone’s getting a bill for $34.00 each time.

(I sheepishly ask: Were the batteries bad, in wrong…I mean why were they incorrect?)

To answer you all in shame:

The ‘other’ was a service charge. Apparently it’s gone up 8 bucks since he visited Beth.

The batteries that I had put in were NEW rechargeable batteries for my camera, so that doesn’t give me hope for their lifespan.

On the plus side, I do have a nice shiny clean flame sensor. 🙂