Why do they get everything that's cool?

Why do they get everything that’s cool?

April 19, 2011

Journal

On Saturday Lloyd and I did a fair amount of driving around Lincoln, and we happened through a neighborhood with some zany houses. I didn’t get any photos of the Frank-Lloyd-Wright-ish ones, but this duplex caught my eye.

See what they did there?

That took some planning.

Ca-rhazzzyyy!!! A tree through the roof! I love it! I’m so curious if it will bust through the beams in a couple of years or just adapt.

We also saw this house, which is either the worst looking house ever built, or so ugly it has 180’d to super-cool.

It reminds me of an owl.

I love looking at other houses, and sometimes I wonder if I’ll ever move out of this one. I really love the house we’re in, and can’t imagine living somewhere else. Plus, I’m pretty sure it would miss me.

11 Responses to “Why do they get everything that’s cool?”

That tree is so close to the foundation of their house. I can’t imagine that’s not a problem.

Is that pair of sidewalks supposed to be a driveway?

And I can’t imagine you moving out of your house either. We would miss you in it.

3. Jill Said on:

Where were these crazy houses? The owl one looks really familiar.

Er,um…. I don’t know. If this is your house, or the house of a friend of yours, I would like to say how much I admire it, and how delicious this sock is.

• Jill Said on:

Hahaha! No, I don’t know who lives in either of those houses! I’m a total house looker, too. Sometimes when the kids are driving me crazy, we just drive around different neighborhoods. Makes me sane (ish) and they can’t touch me. 🙂

Well, I guess that’s one way to get that treehouse you always dreamed of as a kid.

5. Gretchen Said on:

I love looking at houses too. When our car finally arrives here I will be sad to drive myself instead of being chauffeured everywhere. Then I will have to keep my eyes on the road instead of looking at houses.

6. Deborah Said on:

One good wind storm and that tree will tear the roof off. Not a good idea.