Well-wishes

April 20, 2011

Drawings, Journal

My friend Kate’s mom passed away Wednesday morning. It was expected – I believe she was 96 or so and hadn’t been doing well. Kate and her family are alright, but when I spoke to her that evening she was exhausted from all the preparations that they had done that day.

I barely have thought about my own funeral. It made me ask Lloyd about plans for if and when he goes.

Lauren:“If you die I have no idea what to do for your funeral. What hymns do you want?”

Lloyd: “I’ll be dead. Pick hymns that you like.”

Lauren: “No way – then I’ll cry whenever I sing those hymns again. When you die I’m going to ask for some really obscure, hard-to-sing hymns – something from the ‘lesser festivals’. That’ll solve it.”

Lloyd: “Don’t forget bagpipes.”

Lauren: “Right.”

Anyway, the reason I wanted to post about this was that as the preschoolers were making cards for Kate, one of them was a little confused and made it for Kate’s mom instead. Julya said, “Have fun on your first day!”

Amen. Have fun, Mrs. Luebbe. 😀

11 Responses to “Well-wishes”

Have fun in heaven! Bless her little heart…

“It made me ask Lloyd about plans for if and when he goes.”

If and when?

I have my whole funeral order of service written out on a paper in my Bible.
    I don’t plan to die until I’m 106. But on the off-chance I die before Harold, I wanted to have it all done for him.

“Have fun on your first day!” I need to get that well-wish written into my order of service somewhere…

• Christina Said on:

Maybe you should make it the cover of your bulletin?

Dang, now I have to add writing out my service to the list of things to do! My crazy daughter keeps threatening me that she is going to turn me into a diamond……I usually do well under pressure, but that is just wrong!

That link is hilarious!!

And Julya’s card is too adorable! I bet it was Kate’s favorite one.

I’m married to a pastor, so we’ll be singing a lot of hymns….I think. That will be at his/my funeral.

Love the link!

6. Kim Said on:

I love Julya’s card! Paul’s dad is in hospice and very near to his first day in heaven. I think when I visit Marx I will whisper this in his ear. He will not understand it now, but when he is restored in heaven he will love it!