Candle cookin'

Candle cookin’

May 29, 2011

Uncategorized

…. but certainly not eating.

Well, aside from Lloyd having services at the nursing home today, we successfully stayed in the house.   Eating, napping, and my personal ‘Arrested Development’ marathon on Hulu were the order of the day.

The problem with sitting on a stool that faces the kitchen is that you come up with stupid ideas to try while watching your shows.  You want to melt the ice cubes in your cup faster so you light a candle.  Then you wonder if a candle could boil water. That’s not working so you wonder if a candle could cook an egg.

Spray measuring cup with Pam first.

See where it's starting to cook? That's also where it will scorch later.

 

Cover with foil to retain heat.

I put it outside for a cat to eat.

I did not eat it.  The foil should have been vented to let the steam out since the top was kinda soggy/not cooked. Plus, I’m not desperate enough to eat an egg cooked by a candle.  But the day may come, and if it does, I’ll make the eggs.

One at a time.

And it will take fifteen minutes.

Per egg.

We have got to get out of the house today.

About Lauren

Lauren Sommerer is a preschool teacher who likes to build prototypes, grow cats, cook things once, save money, reduce, reuse and recycle.

View all posts by Lauren

Subscribe

Stay connected as you care to...

11 Responses to “Candle cookin’”

  1. Brad Said on:

    I toasted marshmallows over a charcoal grill last night. It was the perfect heat source: you can stand up, you don’t get too hot, there are no open flames, and when you’re done you just shut the lid.

    I don’t know why I haven’t been doing that all along.

    Reply

  2. Karla Said on:

    I popped a popcorn kernel over a candle once. It took a long time, and it wasn’t a nice full pop.

    Reply

    • Beth Said on:

      I will respond on Lloyd’s behalf.

      WHAT ARE YOU THINKING KARLA! STOP GIVING HER MORE IDEAS!!! DON’T YOU KNOW SHE CAN’T RESIST??? GAH!

      😉

      Reply

      • Lauren Said on:

        I actually tried the popcorn, too. 🙂 I burnt the first one and then made a small jiffy-pop-type foil envelope so I could shake them. I wasted 7 precious Boy Scout popcorn kernels on it, but decided that I had plenty of crazy photos.

        Reply

        • Karla Said on:

          I put my kernel in a sifter/wire screen strainer thing that mom had in the kitchen. My kernel stayed in the bottom pointy end of it, close to the flame, while my hand was safely away.

          I know Beth and Lloyd will hate me for this, but I think you should try it again.

          Reply

      • Karla Said on:

        Hehehe

        Reply

Leave a Reply