If it can't be good, at least make it punny.

If it can’t be good, at least make it punny.

June 17, 2011

Journal

Ron Royuk celebrated his 70th birthday yesterday, and his family threw him a surprise party that was very fun. I stink at buying presents, but I do like bad jokes, so:

Get it?

I think the only other appropriately funny thing I ever did was for Stephannie’s 40th birthday, I bought a “Happy 80th” card and ripped it in half.

Seriously, that’s it. If you have ever received a present or card from me and wondered, “Was she even trying?”, the answer is probably no. Gift giving: It ain’t my love language, man.

10 Responses to “If it can’t be good, at least make it punny.”

1. Gretchen Said on:

I love it! I would much rather have a gift like that than something that I have to dust or move around the world.

I sent him a balloon bouquet. He called to thank me. He said it would keep the grandkids occupied for a long time. I said “You’re welcome.” 🙂

• Peggy Said on:

Did you send 70?

• Brad Said on:

When I asked on the phone if they sold balloons, the first thing the lady said was that they didn’t have a lot of them. I think she’s used to people calling about weddings and proms and such. I just sent whatever she told me to. I think it was seven.

Excellent! We’ve got two surprise 50th birthday parties in the next week. I’ve only got sympathy cards on hand. That’ll do.

Are you kidding me Lauren? That is an AWESOME gift!

I hope you don’t mind if I borrow the idea.

5. Ron Royuk Said on:

I decided that it was time to get out of bed and see what’s going on in the world. Please disregard the time of day….you’ll all be 70 some day, God-willing! I love the “Seven-Teas”….and the real proof will be in the sipping! Thanks for the unique gift and all the well wishes from everyone! Love, Dad Royuk

6. Amy Said on:

😀 thats… the best thing ever hahaahaha!!