Ker-smash

Ker-smash

June 21, 2011

Worst day ever

Remember when we bought all that music at the auction? Well, a terrible thing happened to Lloyd when we unloaded it at school: as he was getting out of my truck, he dropped his iPhone.

This was indeed a tragedy, not for the loss of function since it’s the backside that cracked; but for the loss of beauty. When he first got it he bought a case for it but didn’t like how bulky it was, so he took it off and would positively rave about the phone’s coolness:

Lloyd: “Isn’t it cool? Isn’t it soooo much cooler without a case? Seriously – look at it. It’s so cool.”

Lauren (groggily): “What the?? What time is it? Is it midnight?!? I have to work in the morning, mister!”

Well, Lloyd, looks like you’ll be wrapping it in bubble wrap now.

So many little cracks.

Decidedly uncool.

15 Responses to “Ker-smash”

My condolences, Lloyd.

Have you tried a piece of clear packing tape? I hear that holds shattered camera screens together forever.

Talk to Apple; tell them you have a small business and find your phone and iMac invaluable. I’ve heard that they lurve small businesses -- especially those that use Apple products. The daughter of a co-worker has a photography studio and uses Apple. When she dropped her iPhone and took it in, they fixed her phone for FREE.

It’s worth a try.

Instead of buying a case and screen protectors, I bought insurance for the phone. The deductible is $50.00 so I don’t know if I want to send it in for what is really a small crack on the back of the phone.

Dang. After I broke the camera screen, I was afraid to keep it in my pocket. I thought it might cut me every time I put my hand in my pocket.

Now you would think that with all the high end technology in that phone, they could come up with a non-cracking, non-breakable outside wouldn’t ‘ya?

Maybe Apple should team up with Corelle.

(sorry Lloyd 🙁 )

5. Deborah Said on:

What are you doing with all that music?

6. Lauren's dad Said on:

That shattered more than a corner of my heart! However, what better reason for waiting patiently for iPhone 5!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Less is more | LloydAndLauren.com - November 16, 2011

[…] might remember a few months ago that I sort of dropped my iPhone a little. I wasn’t worried, because I had purchased insurance for it. But I wasn’t in […]