I'm your type.

I’m your type.

August 8, 2011

Uncategorized

Yay! I finally got my blood donor card in the mail so now I know my blood type. I couldn’t stand all my friends saying, (read this out loud with your upper lip scrunched up close to your nose so you can really hear the attitude. That’s how I heard it.) “I’m A+! Of course I am! I’m a teacher.” Then they would throw things at me. (I’m certain that’s how it went down.)

Well, teacher pals, take this: I’m O positive! Woo-hooooo!!! That means I’m a lifesaver! I can give blood to practically anyone! As the flyer that came with my card says:

As a Type O donor, you should feel even more special. Since more than half of the blood needed nationwide is Type O, you can help save more lives in more ways than any other blood type, especially Type A+, which is the kind that only your teacher friends have.

I'm not sO positive, am I?

I’m looking at you, Brad, Beth and Lloyd. My common blood could save your teacher life someday. You’ll have to share the one measly donation I made, though.

13 Responses to “I’m your type.”

1. Gretchen Said on:

I’m with you, Brad, Beth and Lloyd -- A+.

Unfortunately, you can’t share with me, because I am the complete antithesis of special: O-

I try to give regularly because of this.

You should be a superhero: Blood Donor Woman or something like that.
    O-Positive Lass?
    The Common Bloodress?
    The Sanguine Spouse?

4. Lloyd Said on:

I’ll tell you why they need so much O+ blood. It’s because you guys are clumsy. Always running into things (think sharks, bears and such).

Would it make you feel better to know that fully one third of the U.S. population is A+? So we’re not so special. Even if we’re geniuses.

6. Deborah Said on:

I’m O+, too! So we could save each other’s lives. Good thing I’m moving close to you! Also if 1/3 of the U.S. population is A+ and therefore geniuses, I’m not seeing it. I know you are a genius, Beth and Brad, maybe Lloyd, but there’s a lot of not so swift people out there.

7. Mom & Dad Said on:

All of the kids in Lloyd’s family are A+…..I was hoping Aaron would be something else, so mine would change when I got his blood….

You tell ’em Lauren!

I’m A-. And CMV negative. I give regularly. But if I ever skip, I get a call or a letter asking me to please donate soon because of the demand for CMV negative blood.

Who’s special now, who’s special now?

Awesome! Do they re-test you every time you give blood to make sure you haven’t been exposed to the virus?

• Peggy Said on:

Yes. This is one of the tests they do on every blood donation for everyone. I give about every 2 months, so I haven’t had a letter in a long time. I’ll ask next time I go if I still have CMV negative status. (My guess is that all my other maladies scared that silly virus straight away.)

9. Curt Said on:

“Those A+ers. They’re so smug.”

(I took out the “I hate them.” I really don’t hate them. But they are smug though.)