I only associate with famous people

I only associate with famous people

March 10, 2012

Journal

Happy Birthday, Deborah!

Warning: The following sentence will be quite convoluted. My friend Kate, who I work with at the CDC, has a daughter, Grace, who is a herself a photographer and also works for a famous National Geographic photographer in Lincoln. *Whew*

Joel Satore has traveled the world taking pictures of wildlife for National Geographic, and his pictures are amazing. He has a passion for nature, and uses his talent to raise awareness about how we are losing our biodiversity. His photos are incredible!

This past week NBC Nightly News ran a story on him, and I think you’d like it. Grace is briefly in one of the clips, you can see her here on the far right. I love knowing celebrities.

Er…. moms of daughters who work with celebrities.

Go, Grace! Go, Joel! Go, animals!

9 Responses to “I only associate with famous people”

1. Mary Ellen Said on:

I saw this live last week & heard them say the photographer was working in Lincoln and I thought to myself, “I betcha Lloyd and Lauren know all about that.”

Can’t watch the movie now… I’m late because of the time change…
    Stupid time change.

Happy Birthday, Deborah!

3. Deborah Said on:

Thank you for the birthday greetings! It will be a great day!

Happy Birthday, Big D! We’ll see you at the end of the week. Yippee!!!!

Those pictures are phenomenal!!!! God is so AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing these links Lauren.

And now I want a Coquerel’s sifaka.

Happy Birthday Deborah!!

6. bekahcubed Said on:

I saw “who I work with at the CDC” and thought “I thought Lauren worked at a preschool-not at Centers for Disease Control.” Then I thought, “Of course she only associates with famous people, what with working at CDC.” (Oksy, so CDC workers are probably only famous in my world, er educational world at least, of health promotion, but still, that’s what I thought.) Then I realized that CDC stood for “Child Development Center.”

Apparently I could have really used that hour of sleep I didn’t get last night.

7. John Brady Said on:

Grace is finding out what a joy it is to work for something you believe in! (And don’t you think her hair looks cute?)

8. Quiana Said on:

I have seen Joel speak at a Nat Geo Live lecture here in Seattle. He was great. If you ever have the opportunity to attend any of the Nat Geo Live lecture series, you should definitely do it.