We have a coffee and juice place in town that we think is new, but has probably been around for several years. We’ve suspected that it was good, because people will fairly regularly give Lauren gift certificates to it. But we never seem to make it much past Dairy Queen when we go for walks. That extra block to a juice spot just never worked out.
Well, during the great Graduation Party Roundup of 2012, the Deeters had these very same juice people come and make smoothies and coffee drinks. That was a great idea and the smoothies were excellent, so last Sunday we walked to the smoothie place, but they closed at 5:00, so we ended up back at Dairy Queen.
But over the weekend we made it there and we smoothied it up. We both had Strawberry. Lauren had a Jet (with sugar) I had a Dr (without sugar). We each thought ours was better than the other, so I guess we chose wisely.
Anyway, today we attempted one on our own. Here are the directions:
- Get out about a glass and a half of frozen strawberries.
- Get a phone call and forget about the strawberries for 45 minutes.
- Attempt to blend.
- Add some liquid. I don’t know – something you like. I used cream soda.
- Repeatedly attempt to blend until it looks blended or you get tired of waiting.
- Find really big straw in straw drawer and drink it. Seriously, it was a big straw. I have no idea where it came from.
When I said to Lauren that it was not as good as Panama’s (the name of the juice place, not the country –no offense to Panama (the country, not the juice place)), she pointed out that I had used cream soda.