All bets are off.

All bets are off.

June 24, 2012

Journal, Kittens, Princess Batman

So, Lloyd and I pulled wire at Lincoln Lutheran on Saturday, which is a post for another time, and then drove to Kansas City Saturday night for a Cardinals/Royals game on Sunday with the Kollipara family and Lloyd’s parents (another post).

Wouldn’t you know it? Princess Batman decided to have her babies while we were gone. (Good thing I didn’t wait to put up yesterday’s post, huh?) Two orange-striped and three grey/black striped. I’m pretty sure she got pregnant before we got her and I think I can ID the two boys that did it. They better pony up for child support.

The little bits on the towel are pieces of catnip to lure pre-birth PB to this spot.

A big ‘Thank You!’ goes to Beth who stopped by to drop some stuff off and found them. Apparently she had given birth on some packing material under the basement steps, and Beth moved them to one of the many birthing places that I had set up around the house.

The obligatory quarter for scale.

Thank you, Beth! You’ve won yourself as many kittens as you can carry!

(I’d write more, but I got home late and I need to go look at kittens before I go to bed.)

11 Responses to “All bets are off.”

Once you decide which kitten(s) you’re keeping, let me know. Then I’ll let myself get attached. 😉

Congratulations PB!

Awww… They’re so cute…

Is Princess Batman okay with you touching them?

She was hyper-nice when I got home last night. She’s never been so cuddly. It’s all that serotonin coursing through her system.

I’ve only moved one, and she allowed it, but I’m a little worried about a bit. She was fine with me petting her outside the box, and inside the box for a bit, but then she nipped at my hand. Mama needed her private time, I guess.

To answer the other questions: I will love them all equally, and keep the one left over. 🙂

3. michelle Said on:

Congrats! Let the party begin.

So, so adorable!! It’s gonna be hard to pick which ones to keep.

Hey Beth….while you were there did you happen to here Momma cat say to her newborns: “I’m Batman.”

No calico? Well, then I’m not taking any.

6. Jane Sommerer Said on:

So cute. They should be tame kittens. You won’t be able to let them alone,

7. Deborah Said on:

The Gebhardts have decided that all of the kittens should have names beginning with J. Then you would have PB and the Js.