The best motivators

The best motivators

August 23, 2012

Uncategorized

Hands down: Fear and shame.

Our friend Kris is bringing her daughter to college on Friday and is going to stop by, and since I live in a world where only one thing can be in order at a time, school has received all of my attention and the house has been a shambles.

A shambles ruled by kittens.

A shambles ruled by kittens who can make shredded tissues appear from thin air. Seriously – I clean up all the tissues, dump the trash, and two minutes later there are shredded tissues all over!

Anyway, we spent the evening making the house presentable in anticipation of Kris’ visit. I hope she’s not too weepy about leaving her daughter at Concordia, because I’m certainly not going to offer her a tissue.

Imagine this all covered with piles of junk and boxes and lots of tissues.

7 Responses to “The best motivators”

1. Kris Said on:

No fear and no shame! I’ve been living in a half-packed house for a month — shambles is the norm. And I’ll bring my own tissues:)

The kittens are still nursing? I would have thought they’d be done with that by now.

I would also have said “laziness always wins”, but you’re right -- fear and shame can trump laziness.

We keep PB and the J’s separate during the day and when we’re asleep (I don’t want her pooping in their litter boxes), so I think she gets swollen with milk and they nurse a bit. I think this might go on a while. They don’t rely on her for all their food, though.

3. Lloyd Said on:

As an added bonus, the house seems biggger without all of the extraneous stuff everywhere.

4. Tammy Said on:

Ahhhh! The shredded tissues. I remember that quite well. We went several months with all our tissue boxes upside down or our cat, Atti, would shred them until the box was empty -- I’m sure it was quite entertaining for her. Now she only does it when she’s mad at us.

Hahaha! Sorry about the tissue issue….if it makes you feel any better, my house looked similar this week. I’m watching my grandpuppy & while I was at work he got under the bed & dragged out a roll of Christmas paper and apparently spent the day tearing that up.

6. Jane Sommerer Said on:

Kittens are like kids, they make messes. Hug them while you can, they grow up fast. Your house looks lovely though.