You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose...

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose…

August 30, 2012

Uncategorized

and you can pick your friend’s brains. That is all you can pick.

I am curious about your thoughts regarding Mister Rogers. Mind you, I am a huge fan, so if you say anything negative about him, I will no longer pick you as a friend, and things will go badly for you. So be warned.

Seriously, did you watch him? Did you like him? If you did like him and/or the show, how so? I need some feedback for some school stuff I’m thinking of doing.

Here is a little remixed, auto-tuned video that I love if you need a little bit of prompting:

So, thanks in advance, neighbor.

10 Responses to “You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose…”

It wasn’t my favorite show, but I liked him okay. The puppets in the land of make believe were a little scary to me for some reason, so I didn’t like that part of the show.

2. Deborah Said on:

I liked it. I liked the aquarium and the train. I liked his casual shoes and sweater. I remember that I thought he wouldn’t finish getting dressed before the end of the song, even though he always did. I have to admit that I agree with Brad about the Land of Make Believe. It was the queen that disturbed me.

Dang. You’re ending our cyberspace friendship?

Mr. Rogers wasn’t in our area until I was about 12 or 13. So at that age, we laughed. I remember when he changed his shoes, he would say “One shoe off, one shoe on.” That cracked us up for some reason.

And the Land of Make Believe was horrifying. I think Lady Elaine gave me nightmares.

But as I got older….I came to love & have great respect for the man Mr. Rogers. Lets here it for a remarkable man!!

And some of the voices of the puppets were scary too.

5. Heather Said on:

I liked the segments where we went to see how things were made. I agree with Brad though on the puppets. Puppetry in and of itself, okay, but the older lady with the red nose (can’t remember her name) was disturbing.
    My kids don’t love the show. There is so much more competition in the field now than there was when we were little.

6. Lloyd Said on:

The Land of Make Believe was not my favorite. I didn’t think very highly of the King as I recall.

7. Lauren Said on:

I am in agreement about the puppets, as I am not a puppet fan, and Lady Elaine always looked like she had been hitting the sauce, but I LOVED the environment of the Land of Make Believe, and always wanted to see what was inside everything. What was in X’s and Henrietta’s tree? Daniel’s clock? Lady Elaine’s merry-go-round museum? Take us inside that castle!!

Also, his house seemed so cool. The little fridge, the LoMB toys up on the shelves in the kitchen, his full-height sand table out back, and of course -- Picture Picture, the world’s first VCR. I loved those videos, and am grateful to shows like How It’s Made for making them for grownups.

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone! If you want to see a young Fred Rogers ask the U.S. Senate to reconsider cutting funding for their young show (and make a curmudgeony old man almost cry), watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXEuEUQIP3Q

Picture Picture was one of my favorites. Mr. McPhilly always had fun things to share with Mr. Rogers. I liked the man.

9. Jane Sommerer Said on:

As I remember Lloyd really liked the show when he was about 3.