I realize I am in dangerous waters here, so don’t get your panties in a twist – I’m not going to let you comment on politics anyway. This is my soapbox.
Let me begin by saying that I am a political dunce. I barely know what’s going on in the world, and I realize that it makes me a bad citizen and I have no one to blame but myself. It is largely due to laziness, but partly due to the way that people with political interests handle themselves.
My platform statements:
- Everybody (with strong opinions) in the world thinks they are right, and the other side is wrong. Everybody.
- If somebody thinks differently than you do, they think that you are wrong.
- Expressing your viewpoint in a kind way is acceptable, yet still annoying to people who aren’t interested.
- Sticking to facts on just the issues is acceptable, yet still annoying to people who aren’t interested.
- Expressing your viewpoint in a heated/passionate way is not going to change anyone’s mind that has the opposite viewpoint. In fact, it will galvanize them on their own position.
- Expressing an opinion of a candidate (or any other person) in a mean, so-called ‘funny’ or derogatory way makes me like that person more, even if I had zero interest in them previously, because I want to passive-aggressively punish you for being so jerky.
That is all.
In preschool we are broaching the idea of voting, but not by voting for people. I explained the presidential process, but told them that in our room, I have $30 to spend on ONE toy. We will go through the catalog to find likely candidates, but then we’ll have to vote on just ONE. I hope for some good campaigning.
So, NO political comments or I’ll delete them. I don’t want anyone’s blood pressure to rise over this. Instead, you must vote for one of the following toy options:
B. Human Body (non-zombie version)