Lloyd has chapel this week and can’t find his book light. We gave the basement a cursory search before school this morning but no luck. I told him I’d look again when I got home.
Well, no book light, but look what I found! Evidence of the most spontaneous thing we have ever done.
In 2005 there was an art installation that was going up in Central Park called The Gates. We were reading about it and I jokingly said, “We should go see them.” Lloyd said, “Yes. Yes, we should go see them.”
So we did! We called up Brad and said we were flying to Baltimore and we were all driving up to New York to see them. It was crazy and I barely remember anything about the trip except that
* the hotel elevator was very narrow.
* I had to drink coffee before we went walking due to digestive purposes. (TMI)
* Brad was the only one with a camera. This was before we had websites. Can you imagine such a barbaric time?
* It was clear one day and cloudy the other day.
* When we drove through the Lincoln Tunnel I kept quoting ‘Elf’. “I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel….”
* Apparently we saw the artist Christos, but I wasn’t sure. (I never know what’s going on.)
* We ate at a terrible, terrible vegetarian restaurant. Bleh. Bleh.
* Above all, it was fun.