20130714-213834.jpg

A nice Sunday

July 14, 2013

Journal

Sunday was a nice, laid-back day. We started off by going to church in Delta, where Michelle (who comments here) was out due to a hurt back. We missed you, Michelle! Feel better!

The church is quite lovely. Little by little they have been adding stained glass windows, and almost all of them are installed except for the final Tree of Life triptych. The design for it is in the banner picture.

20130714-212935.jpg

20130714-212948.jpg
The photos were taken before church, so it looks empty, but it was a pretty full house for the service. It was nice to sit with both of my parents, though it’s still weird to sit with ‘pastor Dad’. 🙂

Afterward we went out to eat in the restaurant attached to the hotel where I was the desk clerk for a summer. Everything in there has completely changed except for the smell, and how they answer the phones. “Sundance Best Western, how may I help you?”

After we ate I had to drive by the old neighborhood where I grew up. Wen the new church was built the congregation sold the old one and a family turned it into a home. They did a marvelous job renovating it, and the latest addition is a tree house in the front yard. Love it!

20130714-213359.jpg

Back home for naps, conversation and a delicious dinner. I fit right in with these retired folks.

9 Responses to “A nice Sunday”

I like the style of those window designs. Very eye-catching and beautiful.

Those windows are beautiful!! The Tree of Life is especially nice! I wonder how much it would cost to have a few stained windows put in my house?

And that is one fancy treehouse! Balcony & all! Hey Lauren, I bet you’d like to take a crack at living in it huh?

3. Lloyd Said on:

When are you going to build me a treehouse?

4. Michelle Said on:

Thanks Lauren, still crooked and waiting to get into a chiropractor.
    Someone needs to straighten me out.
    How is Lloyd doing after his adjustments?

I sent those window pictures to Evan Balleweg at Concordia, has your mom shared his banner designs for the Church with you?
    It’s going to be fun!
    First thing Alisha said was they will look great with the windows 🙂
    How long are you hear in western CO?

Lloyd will have to answer about his back since I haven’t seen him in a while. When I left he was doing pretty well. But it sure would be nice to see him turn his head in a normal way.

I did see the banners! They will be beautiful!

I’m leaving tomorrow morning. You guys are welcome for the ran I brought! 😉

It is nearly better (well, a lot better). Okay, I don’t really know how to tell. It’s not better yet.

5. Michelle Said on:

haha, that’s here, not hear

6. Michelle Said on:

I’m nearly better too Lloyd. After a lot of twigs breaking in my neck! I love your explanation.
    This guy is really into deep tissue massage first so the twigs breaking is a welcome calm after he uses his “hellbow” to get in there and mess with your muscles.

Nice trip down memory lane.

I love the stained glass windows. Jerome made three of them for our church parish hall, and I love the bright, vivid colors.