20131012-215137.jpg

Cultural study

October 12, 2013

Uncategorized

Tell me how you make your chili. If someone else makes your chili, tell me how you eat your chili.

Me: brown a pound of hamburger. Add a can of chili beans. Blend up two cans of diced tomatoes and add. Add a little water and a packet of chili seasoning. Cook a long time. Add three chocolate chips.

Serve with Fritos, sour cream, shredded cheese and chopped olives.

10 Responses to “Cultural study”

1. Lauren's dad Said on:

When in town, pick up a couple of large chilis at Wendy’s. Sometimes, add some shredded cheese when I get home. Serve. No dishes to clean up!

I do have to say: I like chili with a lot of beans. In my experience, it seems to be an unpopular opinion. I rarely find it offered like that.

3. Tammy Pester Said on:

Brown hamburger, add chili beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salsa juice I canned when I made salsa (if I am out of salsa juice -- I just use tomato juice), and just a pinch of dried and crushed hot peppers. Add -- shredded cheese. Dale eats his with a pound of oyster crackers. I eat mine as a dip for the Tostitos Scoops.

4. Deborah Said on:

1 pound hamburger
    One of those big cans of tomato juice
    1 packet of chili seasoning
    1 can kidney beans, drained
    2 cans of pork and beans, not drained

Brown hamburger and drain. Throw everything into a pot. Heat up. Serve with whatever you want.

5. Tammy Pester Said on:

My recipe for salsa says to drain the tomatoes some before you make it so it’s not so runny. I don’t do that -- I drain it after I make the salsa and then can the juice to make chili.

Haha……I just made chili today! Once the weather gets cooler…its often a request for watching football on Sunday. I basically do what every one else does. I use light red kidney beans, onion, & throw in a few slices of red or green pepper, diced tomates or tomato sauce, chili seasoning.

I eat mine with tons of oyster crackers too. I’ll have to try the Tostito Scoops. That sounds great. Others here put sour cream & shredded cheddar cheese in theirs. Blech.

And ice cream cones or sundaes for dessert!

7. Jane Sommerer Said on:

Lauren’s chili tasted great! Grandma always added shredded carrots to hers. I use one carrot, it replaces the sugar to thicken the chili because I use tomato juice and a little water. You never know after it cooks. Browned hamburger and onion, chili pepper, 3 cans red beans, at least one with chili sauce, chili powder, sm amount of hot sauce, salt & pepper. Cook an hour or more.

8. Curt Said on:

I just started making chili a couple years ago. I love the recipe that I use but it takes forever to make just because of all the ingredients. 2 pounds of hamburger, 1 pound of sausage, 1 pound of bacon, bunch of diced tomatoes, bunch of beans, 1 or 2 onions, 2 green peppers, 1 red pepper, 2 chili peppers, chili powder, brown sugar/regular sugar to taste, and a bunch of other spices that I will keep secret. 🙂 I let it cook 8-12 hours. Sometimes it’s hot, sometimes its sweeter, sometimes its both. I love it.