20140211-210109.jpg

Split lip

February 11, 2014

Uncategorized

When I was in junior high and high school, I played the flute. I also had horribly chapped lips. When you have horribly chapped lips and play the flute, it combines to make a permanent split in the middle of you bottom lip that never heals.

I also had chapped lips well into my adult life. As it turns out, they make some thing for this: it’s called Chapstick. (My dad always had – still has? -Chapstick as part of his pocket contents. Chapstick, a giant key ring, a handkerchief, a coin purse, and a nail clippers. I bet he didn’t have chapped lips.)

Anyway, I tell you all these mundane details because I haven’t really had chapped lips in quite some time, but today my bottom lip has the very teeny-tiny beginning of the old split. The sensation of it is making me feel like a teenager again……and not in a good way.

8 Responses to “Split lip”

1. Kris Said on:

Better than acne:)

Did you do that lip-licking thing where the skin around your lips got all red? Or is that something only younger kids do?

Ha! I just wrote a note to parents about that. I suggested plain Chapstick, not the yummy fruit-flavored kind. It’s all we can do until they come up with onion flavor.

Split lips are the worst! (I’ve had 2 so far this winter-Ouch!) I wonder if a little elmer’s glue in the crack would stop it. I’ll let you be the proto typer with that.

I’ve worn lipstick everyday of my life since I started wearing any make-up at all.

Every. Day.

In fact if you’ve seen me without lipstick, either we’ve just had a meal together, or something was very wrong.

I haven’t had chapped lips since 1987.

My winter issue is cracked knuckles on my hands. They need to make lipstick for hands.

Split lips -- ouch! The tips of my fingers keep splitting. Too dry!!!!

6. Jane Sommerer Said on:

Zink oxide ointment over counter a little at night will take care of dry, splitting skin issues.

I’m a big fan of Mary Kay extra emollient night cream for all my dry skin issues, lips or otherwise.