Play-by-play Saturday morning.

February 5, 2011

They can't all be winners.

I fell asleep on the sofa at 7:45 p.m., and now I am writing this really boring post at 8:20 a.m., five minutes after I have woken up. I’ll be publishing it now, but adding some more as I become more awake. Stay tuned.

8:25 – ok, coffee is perking. Yes, people – 12+ hours of sleep!! I feel like I just slept a marathon! It was pretty funny waking up at 3 and thinking, “I could get up now. This is more sleep than I usually get.” Now I need to put a picture on this thing.

Brew, my little friend.

There. Now there’s a photo. I’m not done yet, though.

8:31: I was really tired yesterday, so I asked Lloyd if we could get Chinese food for dinner, and I promptly put on my pajamas. After eating, I could barely keep my eyes open, so I propped up with pillows and zonked out. At some point I went up to bed.

My dreams were crazy, with action-movie-type surroundings, but I was always either asleep or lying down in the dream. I think I was pretty tired. It’s tough to run away from the military helicopter when you’re lying under a kitchen bench. They are going to find you.

Coffee’s done – I need to get a cup.

8:44: Ok, we’re back. Lloyd got up at 7, and I would have, too, except now I know a secret. A couple of weeks ago he got up early, so I got up early. Much, much later in the day I asked why he got ready so early and he answered, “I was going to get you donuts, but you woke up.” I berated him and told him in no uncertain terms that he should never, never, never resist the urge to buy donuts.

So, when I heard him get up, I buried myself under my pillow for the next hour or so. In that dream I was a little kid and our dad (Lloyd) had just bought us a soda gun and I was sitting on the kitchen floor with my dumb little sisters trying to convince them to drink some Pepsi so we could wake up.

8:47: Now there’s a photo of donuts. I’d like to show you all the donut holes, but they appear to be gone. Our local bakery started doing a genius thing – they bag up donut holes by the dozen, so you just order them by the bag! They used to be out on a tray and they’d count them out by each order, but now it’s easy-peasy to get them. Of course, it does make it more difficult to just order 7.

Did I ever tell you I worked in a donut shop? With Brad? That’s another post for another day.

I think I’m done now. Enjoy your Saturday. What are you going to do, and when did you wake up?

About Lauren

Lauren Sommerer is a preschool teacher who likes to build prototypes, grow cats, cook things once, save money, reduce, reuse and recycle.

View all posts by Lauren


Stay connected as you care to...

11 Responses to “Play-by-play Saturday morning.”

  1. Rae Said on:

    Wow! That’s all I can think of to say. πŸ™‚ Check in with you later…


  2. Deborah Said on:

    I went to bed at 9:30 and woke up at 6:00. I turned over to rest my eyes a little longer and woke up at 7:50. I’ll be doing laundry and house cleaning today.


  3. Beth Said on:

    I woke up at 6:12. And decided to stay in bed until 7. But Tara came in at 6:38, so that ended that.

    I had Life for breakfast. And a pepsi.

    And now I’m going to do a little Concordia University Education Department diddy for a group of students visiting from St. Paul’s Lutheran High School in Concordia, Missouri. My Alma Mater, as it is.

    And I’m really very excited about it. I love this stuff. πŸ˜€

    And then I’ll go to Wal-Mart for milk and a red box movie for the kids. And stop at Et Cetera, because we didn’t get to do that after school yesterday as is our tradition on Fridays after school.

    And then I’ll probably come home and try to get some friends to come over to play with Tara and Tim so I can watch my DVRed shows.

    With any luck Harold will be home before the kids’ bed times -- but I never hold my breath on that one. It is, afterall, wrestling season.

    Thanks for asking.


  4. Peggy Said on:

    LLoyd…what a sweetheart you are!!! Way to go!!

    I got up at 9:30. Don’t judge me…I have trouble sleeping at night here lately.

    I was planning to go see ‘127 Hours’ this afternoon. It was showing at only one theater around here last week (White Marsh) & when I went to look up the times for today…it’s gone! I’m very upset. I don’t understand why this movie has been so hard to find & why it was only here for one weekend. What the…?

    So now I’m going to pout.


  5. Kristi Said on:

    I awoke at 7:00 and rolled over, imaging that I was back in college and could sleep in. That lasted until 7:59.

    After breakfast, my “Mr. Wonderful” asked if I wanted to go shopping ALONE. I was out the door before he could even consider re-considering. JCP had great deals today, and I loaded up.

    Now it’s on to watch Kansas stomp Nebraska in basketball this afternoon.

    Oh, I didn’t get donuts, but I did eat potato patties. Mmmmm, the grease.


  6. Gretchen Said on:

    I have fond memories of the donut shop in Seward (Daylight?) but I thought it was closed. Are the donuts from the bakery then? We had donuts this morning too. We had some time to kill while someone looked at our house. They thought it was too small though.


  7. Brad Said on:

    I got up at 5:30. I use morning time to write my post and browse the internet, and I had to be leaving by 7:15 for a wrestling tournament. I went to bed at 9 last night, so I had more sleep than usual, but I still had to set the alarm.

    The wrestling tournament went well. We had three medalists! Woo hoo! I have a post for tomorrow! Double woo hoo! I didn’t eat any donuts today (yet), but I did eat a lot of junk at the tournament. Mmm… hot dogs…


  8. Lauren's mom Said on:

    Hey! I have a coffee pot just like that. I love it because it shuts itself off.
    I have had a lazy Saturday. Slept in till 7:40, fed the birds, worked a puzzle with Dad and baked a yummy coconut cream pie.


  9. Keren Said on:

    Slept till 9 (which is a miracle). Did about six loads of laundry, two loads of dishes. Tried to clean some house but got stymied by the boxes of old paperwork and kid’s memorabilia dragged up from the crawlspace from last week’s construction project. Took the boys to some friends house so they could play Munchkin, took the dogs on a walk and got yelled at by skiers for being on their trail. Picked up the boys, took Charlie to a soccer game, came home from that and made dinner, did another load of laundry, washed the pots and pans (the last of the kitchen mess). Helped the boys with homework, got them tucked in, and went to sleep shortly thereafter. No donuts, no movie. Feels like a work day.


Leave a Reply