Yard Work

May 4, 2008

Journal

Happy Birthday, Philip!ย  (my brother ๐Ÿ™‚ )

This post is for Brad and our parents: We hope you’re proud of us, because we actually did yard work this afternoon! Yes, we went outside – where they keep all the fresh air and sunshine – and Lloyd mowed while I dug dead leaves out of the bushes. Whew! We’re actually in the market for a new mower, since I don’t trust how this one’s wheel keeps falling off. It looks like we’ll be buying a Toro from a dealer here in Seward. Look for it in next week’s posts!

Why is it pronounced โ€˜moeโ€™ and not โ€˜maoโ€™?

Lloyd wants me to show you his haircut. He told Bob the Barber how much longer than the sides he wanted it on top (about an inch and half), but Bob just made the top an inch and a half long. Period. Nobody tells Bob how to cut hair.

Just for Brad.

20 Responses to “Yard Work”

I was working outside yesterday too! Amazing coincidence!

…and the day my barber said “no” to me was the day I stopped going to him. He may be the barber, but it’s my head, dnag it!

I hate getting my hair cut.

3. Lauren's dad Said on:

Nice lawn! It’s all green! I’ve had my eyes on a Honda HRX217K2HXA for a couple of years. After reading what people have written about lawnmowers, a number of them prefer the Toro over the Honda. The Honda engine is good. I like the idea of the extra blade. But the Toro model that I’d buy is cheaper and simpler. The downside? B&S engine, made in China!

• Brad Said on:

Huh… I just heard a commercial on the radio specifically for Briggs and Stratton lawn mower engines. They must be trying to improve their image.

• Michele Said on:

Careful Lauren’s dad! Your comment is WAY too sophisticated. Brad only knows red lawn mower or green lawn mower!

• Deanne Said on:

My lawn mower is a 1965 model German--pure Nicaraguan fury. He’s the best, and I don’t even have to put any gas into him!

Cut grass… Cut hair… Good job on both fronts.

5. Lauren's dad Said on:

Lloyd, you could save a LOT of money by getting a pair of scissors for Lauren to cut the grass! :>)

What do you suppose caused that extra fertile tuft of grass growth right in the middle of the picture?

Did Brad “plant” a bunny there last summer?

And, if you haven’t already…hold your cursor over the smiley face after Phil’s birthday greeting.

Interesting, huh?

• Peggy Said on:

Huh? All I see is the keyboard smile … what am I missing?

• Beth Said on:

That’s what you’re supposed to see. I just think it’s funny that since it automatically converts to an emoticon, it gives the original entry as the caption.

I didn’t know that. Thus my comment of “interesting”. Apparently it’s not interesting to everyone. ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Annette Said on:

A shot of Lloyd’s head and a light (bulb)…brilliant!

9. Stephannie Said on:

OK -- back to the pancake/mower post -- if you use half whole-wheat and half white flour, it tastes much better. For that matter, I have a good oatmeal pancake recipe if you’re interested…