A dream come true … mostly

September 9, 2008

Journal

We are experiencing technical difficulties regarding the video, and since no one wanted to lose any sleep over it last night, it’ll get finished when it gets finished.  Let me tell you a little story about TAB trailers.

I’ve always loved teardrop trailers, and ever since reading about the kind that actually have kitchens inside, I’ve wanted to see inside one.  Well, driving to Concordia after picking Brad up from the airport, I saw some!!!  We zoomed to the RV office – my heart pounding – and I asked, “Can I see inside one of those TAB trailers?”

“I don’t have keys for those,”  said the man inside, breaking my heart.

Turns out they belong to some other company and the “banks” have the keys.  Whatever.  At least we got to ride a golf cart over to them and peek inside the windows.  They were much taller than I had imagined, but just as cute.  I want to be buried in one.

So near, and yet so far.

For a full 360 tour of the interior, go here.

14 Responses to “A dream come true … mostly”

Are you sure you don’t want to be buried in a casket like this one?

Cuute, cute, cute, cute, cuuute!

(To get the full effect you have to say that the way Mrs. Schultz, our childhood pastor’s wife, would say it. Ask me or Brad sometime.)

3. Cousin Sam Said on:

Do you have any strong friends for pall bearers?

Would you prefer to be preserved sitting on the couch watching TV or preparing something in the kitchen in your TAB box?

And you wouldn’t even need a funeral parlor … just park it out back & guests can visit one last time.

5. Beth Marshall Said on:

You are not gonna believe it, but we stopped by and looked at the EXACT same trailers. They are fab!

6. Keren Lowell Said on:

Oh Lauren, I went through small trailer lust last summer. I bought a water-damaged wreck of a trailer (but it was turquoise and had those cute louvered windows that worked fine), and then got online and found out about teardrop trailers. Somewhere I have plans for ones build with plywood in the 40’s. Ever so cool.

Amen, sister! (Literally, guys -- she’s my sister. 🙂 ) If I could own an RV park things would be fine. Then I could sit in them all without actually having to own one.