I could have stood all night….

October 11, 2008

School

I’ve been singing that all day.  (Think ‘My Fair Lady’.)  We chaperoned the dance, and while it was fun standing around, I actually did more sitting than I thought I’d do. (We were only there for two hours.) It was so sweet watching those teenagers run around in their finery.  The part I thought was  hilarious is how all the girls kicked off their shoes as soon as they got there.  Think of the work that went into their outfits – the perfect dress, the perfect hair, the right accessories, and ‘what kind of shoes will I wear that will make this outfit complete?’ – and then everyone is barefoot.

I sat around mostly because I was trying to figure out my new cell phone.  My phone has a seriously broken hinge, so we stopped at US Cellular before the dance and got a replacement.  It’s no iPhone, but it’s pretty cool.  It has a great camera function and a touch screen, but I think I’m taking it back. The camera doesn’t work with my iMac, so what’s the point?

Messy work surface

20 Responses to “I could have stood all night….”

Camera phones are funny things. I think for most of them the only way to get the photos over is to e-mail them. It seems like you should be able to use the SD card to move them, too, but I haven’t tried that yet. I don’t have a camera phone, but Susana does, and I haven’t gotten a single picture from her. On top of that, when she sends it to me through Verizon, there’s some service I have to subscribe to to look at it. Sheesh!

Our high-schoolers had a dance this weekend, too. I’m so glad I don’t chaperone those things. I’m too much of a prude.

I’m pretty sure that this is the first high school dance I’ve chaperoned in the seven (eight?) years I’ve been at Lincoln Lutheran. But I’ve been to every stinkin’ middle school dance.

• Michele Said on:

Kim and I were blessed (?) to attend the high school homecoming dance last night. At one point Kim asked one of the girls where the rest of her dress was. I kid not!

3. us cellular guy Said on:

few, if any, camera phones connect straight away to a computer (mac or windows). but, if you put a memory card in your LG, store your pictures on there, and connect the cable that came with the phone to your computer it will pop up no problem on your mac. you’ll be able to drag & drop music & pix.

Is that an “F” on the paper under your new cell phone box?

5. Stephannie Said on:

My photos from my camera phone save to my PC whenever I sync my “smartphone” (Palm Centro) & PC.

6. Lauren Said on:

Deanne, this is the weirdest thing. I see your comment up to the right, and I can see it in the inner workings of the website, but we can’t make it appear. This is freaky!

I can see both comments… and this one as well, I should imagine.

So Lauren, what did you end up wearing? And did your shoes stay on?

A purple sweater dress with black tights and black shoes that stayed on, though they were heavily modified on the interior to prevent them from hurting.