Saturday List

January 9, 2009

Journal

I’m too lazy to make a real post, so let’s do a “What’s up for your Saturday?” again.

Lloyd and I are on our way to Fremont so he can attend some Republican Party committee thing, whilst I putz around the booming metropolis of Fremont.  (He even got a haircut for the occasion.)  Afterwards, it’s on to Omaha for Ukulele Night – woo-hoo!

What are you doing this Saturday?

11 Responses to “Saturday List”

My in-laws are coming for lunch. I’m making a roast…unless it turns out dry, then I’ll be making barbeque beef sandwiches.

I hear the Good-Will in Fremont is a good one. And while the mall is dying, there are a few surprising stores in there.
    The Wal-Mart is excellent. And there’s always Menards.
    You’ll be set for the day for sure!

2. Deborah Said on:

I have a faculty/staff brunch this morning. Charles has detention. And I need to get a birthday present for a 4-year-old boy. Any suggestions?

• Beth Said on:

A Handy Manny tool box. They’re all the rage.

Or a big bunch of matchbox cars and some firecrackers. That’s what my brothers would have liked.

• Gretchen Said on:

My boys are big fans of Playmobil -- pirates, knights, policemen, hazmat teams…so many choices.

I have church choir practice in the morning, then I’ll think about all the chores around the house I should do while I sit in front of the TV.

Zeke is getting baptized during our Monday night service, so we have grandparents coming out tomorrow. Today is the great “hide the clutter” day. Oh, and clean the bathroom and wash the kitchen floor.

5. Michele Said on:

1. Sleep late
    2. Go to the bank.
    3. Light shopping at BJs (get snacks for the game!)
    4. Undecorate Christmas and move it to the attic.
    5. Grade quizzes and upload grades to Edline.
    6. Make onion dip -- yummmm!
    7. Watch the game wearing my Joe Flacco T-shirt.
    8. Eat chips and dip at half time.
    9. Go outside and make a lot of noise when the Ravens win (I hope!)
    10. Have a drink if Ravens win (or lose -- ha!)

D’oh! The day’s just about over now…I spent an abnormal amount of time on the phone (rare for me) & went to the movies. Did anyone out there see Yes Man? Lincoln Nebraska is featured!!

And YAY the Ravens won! Tight game!

7. Mom Said on:

Lauren check out this web sitehttp://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acv_baking_soda_cures.html I have tried the apple cider vinegar and it has worked. I liked his explanation of why you have the problem in the first place. Dad and I picked up my ring
    (my knuckle was to big) and he got him a new bale fork at Eldon. We were both busy all day. (can’t say we accomplished a whole lot) Take care.

I rode my bike in the rain and then decided I had expended all positive efforts for the day and sat around being lazy and watching old House episodes.

(It’s important to note that I only rode for about 25 minutes. It was quite a small energy expenditure to justify such utter slothfulness.)