Good grains

Good grains

August 30, 2011

Cooking, Journal

Dear Lloyd,

Please stop at Big Lots on your way home and buy another bag of this fabulous cereal for me!!

Thanks, Bob and your Red Mill.

I have no good ‘prepared’ pictures because it’s always dark when I’m eating it, but this stuff is 5 grains of deliciousness in a bowl. I’ve been on a Cream of Wheat kick before, but ever since I read that you’re basically eating wallpaper paste, it lost it’s appeal

Oatmeal has always eluded me because it gets so slimy and sticky. gag *jibblie* (Sorry, but it reminds me a bit of barf. Again, sorry.)

This stuff, though? Nutty grains all the way. I scoop up 1/3 a cup of the dry stuff and 1/3 + 1/2 of 1/3 cups of water (that works out to 64/89ths right?) and nuke it for a minute + 1/2 a minute.

Spoonful of brown sugar, spoonful of Craisins, nummy nummy nummy.

12 Responses to “Good grains”

Hey! That’s my brand of ground flax! Bob’s my buddy.

I don’t mess with all those one-thirds though. I just eat it straight out of the bag.

They have 11 grain (or something like that) too. Daniel loves that for breakfast with honey, cinnamon, and vanilla.

Dear Lloyd, please buy two bags. I need one, too.

4. Gretchen Said on:

You lost me on the fractions. Could you just convert that to grams or milliliters please?

Since you’re European now AND a science major, does that mean you’re doubly obligated to use the metric system, or do those two cancel each other out?

• Gretchen Said on:

I use the metric system constantly…except mostly to convert to English units. My car spedometer is in English but the speed limit signs are in metric. That is probably the reason for my speeding ticket. (Then I can convert from Euros to Dollars to see just how big my fine is.)

Awww….too bad you eat this in the dark. I would have liked to have seen a picture. I would like to start eating something more healthy, but I can’t get past the oatmeal texture. Maybe this would do the trick???

6. Jill J Said on:

Dear Lloyd, buy me a bag to then ship it to me in Colorado! That’s what I had for breakfast today. Yum with a little vanilla, cinnamon and a few raisings! 3 microwave minutes until creamy, chewy goodness!

Dear Lloyd,

Due to all the good reviews, please send 1/3 cup of oats to Maryland. Please do not add the water. Thank you.

Peggy

8. Jill Said on:

Dear Lloyd,

You sure are helpful.

Jill

9. Lloyd Said on:

Um, I don’t actually know where Big Lots is.

10. Lauren Said on:

Bad news, everyone. Lloyd didn’t bring any of us anything. Boooooo, Lloyd.