Much of my time is spent doing work-related things, and that isn’t any fun to write about, which is why you so often get to read posts about stuff on my kitchen counter. The stuff I did this weekend, though, it’s exciting enough for both of us!
All the classrooms at school (except mine) have a loft. In the school-age room, there has been a mysterious soft spot on the drywall that eventually crumbled through. I had said many times that I’d look at it and do something to fix it, but I never did. Friday, though, I got around to patching it – really, really badly.
The patching itself went surprisingly well –
– it was the taping that went horribly wrong. I had bought quick-dry spackle instead of joint compound and rushed like mad because …. well, because I’m not careful. I do many repairs around that building and my joke is, “This place is held together with zip-ties and hot glue.” I’m not kidding, either.
Whatever. I had a plan to cover it all up anyway. I went to Menard’s and stood in the wall coverings aisle doing some painful, painful math, and after my hopeful calculations I bought some bead board paneling!
It took an evening and an afternoon, but it’s all done. I only made a couple of drastic mistakes (besides the original hole repair), but I call this a success because I didn’t have to drive back to Menard’s to get more supplies. Woo-hoo!
I probably should have used more hot glue, though.