Dang it, Lloyd.

January 24, 2014

Journal

Well, rats. I thought that since the website was having trouble, it would buy me a little stalling time and I wouldn’t have to write anything. Then Lloyd had to go and fix it with his magic internet knowledge. Grumble grumble.

Soooooo….. since I have nothing really exciting to talk about, why not tell us your middle name and how you came to have it?

Me? Kay, for my aunt Marcy’s middle name. Also, at one point when we were dating I tricked Lloyd with “What does the K stand for?” and made him feel really bad and confused. (Lloyd: Isn’t it Kay? Me: Stony silence)

I’m not a nice person.

9 Responses to “Dang it, Lloyd.”

1. CousinSam Said on:

My middle name is the combination of awesome skills I formerly possessed. ER (pronounced “air”)- maximum jumping ability and IC(pronounced “ick”) -- I made stinky in diaper. If there is some other reason, no one has seen fit to tell me.

2. Deborah Said on:

I’m named after my Grandma, Esther. Who, by the way, attended St. John Lutheran School in Seward.

Ann. No reason that I’m aware of.

But it causes my initials to make a word & I don’t like that. My real 1st name is Margaret (ugh). My initials used to be MAR or PAR. Now they’re MAD or PAD. AHHHH!

KAY -- a most excellent middle name. My girls also have the same middle name.

5. Lloyd Said on:

The Stohs girls don’t have middle names. They tack married names onto the end and POOF Stohs becomes their middle name.

You didn’t say anything about your excess of middle names.

My middle names are Justin and Theodore, the same as my father before me. Uncle Justin and Uncle Theodore are my father’s two oldest brothers-in-law. My dad was the youngest of 12 children and was an uncle while he was still pre-natal.

Interesting fact about my Dad’s side of the family that just occurred to me a week or so ago: My Grandma had 12 children, lived to be 98 years old, and was preceded in death by exactly none of them. That’s got to be pretty uncommon.

My middle name is Ronald, which is my dad’s first name. My dad’s middle name is John, which was his dad’s name. I don’t believe it goes back any further than that.

7. Lauren's mom Said on:

My middle name is Norene, -- for my mother, who was always called “Norie”. However, I rarely use it, I sign my name with “L” in the middle, -- for my maiden name.