1. Get two freeze-burnt chicken breasts from the downstairs freezer. (Grab a can of chicken broth while you’re down there, too.) Thaw, but not all the way. They’re easier to chop if they’re a little frozen.
2. Heat up your wonderful pot from Target on the stovetop, add olive oil, add chopped up chicken. Add salt.
3. Chop up some onion & celery and throw it in.
4. Go to get some flour, then curse a little bit because you realize you left your flour at school. (The kids are making pancakes.) Grab some cornstarch instead. Mix a couple of spoonfuls in the broth and add to pot. Delight in the bubbling goodness.
5. Pour in half a bag of frozen veggies and some poultry seasoning (or something) and some more salt. Wait for it to come back to a boil. Let it cook while you check your e-mail and see what’s new at Neatorama.
6. Put some refrigerator biscuits on top and put in a 365? 375? oven until you smell smoke. (Preferably before.)
Note, 10 biscuits are about 4 biscuits too many for the actual filling, but who cares?