Pesto Schmesto

February 5, 2007

Journal, Lauren

Somebody call Beth, ’cause the jury’s still out on the pesto.  I put it on some fish and baked it, and that was alright.  (I also made some back-up lemon pepper fish just in case fish one was inedible.)  We also had ‘raw’ pesto on pasta, and I really didn’t care for that at all.  (We had back-up pasta as well – with butter, milk and parmesan cheese.  Awesome.)  So, in conclusion, I have cooled mightily on the whole pesto thing.  Although, it’s probably not fair to judge it from something I have made.  Let’s face it, I’m no Rachel Ray.

Not my best work.

To cheer everybody up, let’s look at the wine in my fridge!

Care for some cheese with that wine?  No, really.

10 Responses to “Pesto Schmesto”

Sorry you didn’t like the pesto. Maybe you didn’t have enough wine with it. Enough wine, and ANYTHING tastes good.

I’m thinking, that’s the greenest meal I’ve seen since last St. Patrick’s Day…holy green foods!

WARNING TO BETH: This may be unsettling.

I see that you also have Sprite or 7-up … my favorite to mix with wine. I don’t do wine straight. (TIP: don’t marry into an off-the-boat Italian family if you mix your wine with soda & don’t eat cheese.)

• Michele (Brad's friend) Said on:

WARNING TO PEGGY: You may never ruin nice wine in my home again by mixing it with cheap soda (oops -- do you Nebraska folks call it “cola” or “pop”?)
      Peggy made me taste her “mixed drink” of wine & Diet Pepsi. I thought I would die. I prefer my wine straight up, whether it’s from a bottle or from a box.
      Lauren -- nice wine-box shelf in the fridge. I MUST get one! (As soon as I finish my backsplash -- I’m in a race with Brad!)

• Peggy Said on:

Now,now … I had to make do with what you had and you know it tasted like Cherry Pepsi with a kick. Next time have some Sprite on hand & I promise you’ll like it.

4. Aunt Marcy Said on:

The wine in your frig. looks like mine. Your Mom always s Iaid that you remind her of me ( ‘m sorry for you about that comparison) but if you love the wine…you are my child!!!! Reading Heidi’s blog confirms that she does listen to some of things I tell her. It was a good thing!

5. Aunt Marcy Said on:

Your mom always said that you reminded her of me. The wine in the frig. confirms that comparison. Way to go!!! In fact, I am going to have a bit before bed. Hey, Heidi’s blog about Grandpa Ernie ( I called him Boompa )was a real warm connection. Love ya both, aunt marcy ( the old retired English teacher who shops too much, sips wine too much, spends too much money,and minds everyone’s business tooooooo much. Love again.

6. Aunt Marcy Said on:

oops…I am not too good at this…better at shopping. Sorry for the duplicate.

Duplicates are fine, wine is great, and awesome aunts are even better!! You can write here anytime!!! (I’d write more, but I’ve had a bit of wine. 🙂 )

7. christina Said on:

You do realize that you can buy a pretty good pesto sauce in the McCormic seasoning section of your grocery store and all you have to do is add olive oil?? It’s great with frozen already stuffed pasta! (Yes, I can cook real meals but this is both cheap and fast and my kids will eat it. but then again my kids will eat raw fish!)