What’s your superpower?

May 11, 2007

Journal, Lauren

You may not know it, but you have a superpower.  Lloyd’s is that when he comes home from school, his shirt smells as fresh as line-dried laundry. It infuriates me, since I’m always rather stinky.  Give him a hug, smell his shirt – ahhhhh… spring fresh.  My superpower/curse is that every single time I sing in the car with another person, they turn up the radio.  No joke – I first discovered it back in college in the car with Kris Kiester, I believe.  So, take a little time, ask your family, and tell us yours.

By the way, Pfennig’s is that she is radioactive.

Glowing eyes of doom!

19 Responses to “What’s your superpower?”

I can make peoples’ dogs and small children misbehave. The more time they spend with me, the more excited they get. Eventually they break something or hurt someone and get yelled at by their owners/parents.

2. Kim Said on:

I can say mean things to students, then laugh, and they think I am just kidding.

• Michele Said on:

Oh come on Kim -- tell them what you said to AJ.

• Kim Said on:

Well, we were talking about prejudice, and I told him I was only prejudiced against one-armed Asians. Is it bad that he happens to be a one-armed Asian?

I can, I can …. well, ….. I can!!!

4. Lloyd Said on:

Traditionally, super freshness has not been considered one of my superpowers. This is more or less a recent development, and happened shortly after I was bitten by a radioactive fabric softener sheet.

Traditionally, my superpower has been super navigation. I can inerrantly get you to within sight of your destination. But like most superpowers, mine comes with a weakness. Once within sight of said destination I can not actually find the building in question. You might even be familiar with my catch-phrase, “I know it’s around here somewhere.”

• christina Said on:

My super power also deals with navigation. I can always tell which way is north, even inside buildings where you can’t see the sun.

This may have something to do with the chemistry set Lloyd got for Christmas when we were kids.

5. Michele Said on:

My superpower is that I can sense when bad things are going to happen to foolish kids who are doing stupid things. (I guess it’s my “mom” instinct.) Like the other day when Brad was messing with ceiling tiles around the air vent in an effort to “fix” the air conditioning in the middle school office. I knew when he was looking up at the ceiling that something was going to fall into his eye. Bingo! Stupid kids!

Kewl, that’s like spidey sense, but for other people. How soon do you know? Is it enough time to warn them? Or, like Spiderman, is just barely enough time to take action yourself?

• Michele Said on:

Oh, I warned Brad -- he just didn’t listen!
        When I try to warn kids during things like lock-ins at school, Brad laughs at me can calls me a worry-wart. Then when my intuition proves true, I just smile at him (then I run to clean up the blood or whatever.)

6. christina Said on:

Yes, but in Michele’s case something does happen. In Al Gore’s nothing ever does.

7. karla Said on:

Mine and Arron’s superpwoers work together. He can spot a spider a mile and a half out, and I can fearlessly kill it, no matter it’s location or how big it is. 😀

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. LloydAndLauren.com » Oh, La La. - August 2, 2008

[…] Well, the internet came through for me here.  These babies are only 35 cents each, but the shipping will set you back a whopping $10.  I got a few of each, although this never seems to happen to Lloyd, and it wouldn’t matter if it did. […]