Window Frosting

September 25, 2007

Journal, Lauren

So...... opaque!

I’m down to posting old things because not much is currently happening.  A while back I got around to ‘privatizing’ the downstairs windows.  I like having tons of windows, but I don’t like feeling like we’re on t.v. at night.  Too many people watching me dance the watusi.  My cheap-o way of doing this is to take white fabric, drench it in liquid starch, wring it out and smooth it on the windows.  Stays put, and when you have to peel it off (say when you want to make your windows look crazy for the Fourth of July), it’s like magic!  Stiff as a board (light as a feather).

Turns out I already had a bottle.  So much for being cheap.

Before

Can you see Lloyd doing the watusi?

22 Responses to “Window Frosting”

Cool! I lined an old truck this way. It worked like a charm and the fabric is still in place nearly 10 years later.

2. christina Said on:

I love this!! It works great on walls as well. Just like wallpaper without all the yelling.

Could you make clothes like this? That would rock! You could just plaster them on in the morning, and peel them off at night.

Hey! Why can’t I respond to Christina’s comment?!? I’ve tried twice to laugh at my clearly superior command of the computer keyboard and it doesn’t post!

Who are you people? Why is it necessary for you all to hide your doings?

6. Cousin Sam Said on:

Hey I have 3 cans too. If you have Lego minifigs you can paint them gold and call them L’Oscars that’s what we give out to kids for good preformances in our musicals.

7. vickie Said on:

I think this is an awesome idea. My twin daughters was just trying to figure out a way to cover their window in the dorm bedroom. They cant hang rods so I think this is the perfect solution. Thanks

8. Nina Said on:

I realize this is a very old post but I tryed this and after it dried It has some bubbles that didnt stick to the window..? Is this normal or do I need to redo the whole thing or just the spots….any help would be appreciated! BTW I completely saturated the fabric with starch so IDK what went wrong. Thanks in advance!