Fallin’ on Hard Times

May 14, 2008

Journal, Lauren

I had to drive into Lincoln this afternoon to do some errands. While at Target, I saw that Optimus Prime was looking a little hung over in the garden department.

Optimus Not Prime

I helped the poor guy out. (I also sneakily took these pictures while some college kid thought I was insane.)

Optimus Doin’ Better

For the record, I didn’t know that this was Optimus Prime until Lloyd saw the pictures and told me. I thought it might be Spiderman with some kind of thyroid condition.

13 Responses to “Fallin’ on Hard Times”

1. kiwe Said on:

What a great person you are to help out a friend in need.

I was wondering how you knew it was optimus Prime; I sure didn’t. I wonder if Daniel does.

Maybe you didn’t recognize him because he’s more than meets the eye. He’s a robot in disguise.

4. Brady G. Said on:

“I helped the guy out” -- Did you really help him though? Would not helping him be taking him to where he belongs. Optimus Prime in the garden department is similar to me on a treadmill -- I don’t belong there. I want to go to my home -- the couch.

Was that couch really $4.99? Because seriously, you should have bought a few of them.

I worry OP was on a covert operation … carefully choosing that couch to camouflage himself in. You blew his cover; you can tell by the look on his face in the 2nd picture he’s not happy about it.

…btw: I assumed Optimus Prime was some type of plant when I read just the 1st few lines. Wow, your Optimus Prime is really blooming this year!