Fetch me my brown pants!

August 3, 2008

School

We went into Lincoln today to go to church with the KolliparasChurch was good. Afterward we all went out to eat at Panera Bread. Bread was good. After that we quested far and wide across Lincoln in search of pants. Quest was good.  Samith joined us for the first  part.

Super Target yielded one pair (Samith caught 4 shirts and Lauren snagged one too). Next we went to Office Depot, and no pants were found, but I got two speakers for school. Since Lowes was right by Office Depot, we went there and I picked up some of the last things for mounting video projectors in the classrooms at Lincoln Lutheran. After that we dropped Samith off. (He had softball games to attend and, get this, play in.)

After a quick jaunt to The Fort for boots we went to Target number 2, but it was a pointless stop. From there Yonkers offered up 5 pair of pants. 3 dress pants to replace some that have been going to church with me for over a decade, and two pair of school pants.  J.C. Penney’s was a complete bust, but Sears had a pair. After a fabulous lunch at the mall food court, we went to the final Target and found one more pair.

Lauren needed to grab some baskets at Shopko for her newly made cubbies and I scoped out the pant situation there as well. They were a little more money than the others I bought, but they have pleated fronts. The two from Yonkers have silly flat fronts. They might need replacing.

So many pants, so little time

Last year I bought 6 pair of ultra cheap pants from ShopKo for $7.99 each, but they didn’t hold up well (even allowing for the occasional mishap). This year I decided to spend more money ($11.95-$15.99 each).

About Lloyd

Lloyd Sommerer is a middle/high school teacher who likes to build websites, read books, grow beards, make fun of Lauren’s prototypes and eat the sauce of the picante.

23 Responses to “Fetch me my brown pants!”

Dnag. That’s a load of pants.

(And, is there some contest for the most links in one post? Maybe there should be.)

That is some kind of productive day!

3. Lloyd Said on:

In that picture those boots look like some dainty little Victorian number. They are not. They are manly.

• Peggy Said on:

Are those teacher boots? (And they look very manly in the picture, except for that little flower on the side)

And did you try on ALL those pants? Ug! I’m with Lauren … I hate trying on stuff! And I hate you ’cause I’ve never been able to find that many pants in one day … or even one year!!

• Christina Said on:

I seriously doubt he tried any of the pants on -- I used to have to lie to our mother that he had tried on cloths when we went shoping when he was in highschool.

I have committed to trying them on in the comfort of my own home. I have not yet done so.

• Christina Said on:

For some reason, I read that as “in front of my own home” I was beginning to wonder if your house was made of mirrors, but then I read it again.

4. Annette Said on:

I should have been the little voice in your shopping head whispering, “Kohls! Kohls!”

Ha! You’re shopping like a man:

“I need some pants.”
    (Goes to store to get some pants.)
    “I don’t need any more pants.”

6. Sambo Said on:

Haggar Comfort Fit- Not only a stock holder, I’ve been known to wear pants on occassion. I mount projectors with PVC toilet flange, cast iron tread anchor, 1 1/2″ pipe, another anchor, angle iron, and assorted nuts & bolts. All painted classic matte black. $20-$30 parts; Time -- wasted.

I’m rapidly running out of time, and actually have some money. I used 1 1/2″ pipe with the galvanized flanges, but I’m connecting to actual projector mounts.

Why are you wearing Richie Haggar’s pants?

• Rae Said on:

Can you say outlet??? By the way -- I like those silly flat front pants. I strongly suggest them for Sam when he is shopping. Ok, who am I kidding? I make him buy them.

• Sambo Said on:

I wear Herbie Haggar pants. With the original “Elmo” enforcer underwear.

It’s too bad that more people don’t know how funny that is.

• Sambo Said on:

I blame it on their big city up-bringin’. Just think if 10 years ago he would have up a lower case i in front of elmo, he could have sold it in stores for $399. People with scrub brush hickory forest would have been rich.

7. Deborah Said on:

Nobody’s commented on your title today. Just so you know, I got it.

8. Mom Said on:

Rule is: Don’t leave the store until you try them on~!
    I must have goofed up somewhere. Hope they all fit.