Happy Birthday to Lloyd!

Happy Birthday to Lloyd!

December 19, 2008

Drawings, Lloyd

“Today is my birthday! Behold the Day of my Birth!”

Look at all his glories.

Today Lloyd may or may not have a snow day. Under normal circumstances I’d be horribly jealous, but I hope he gets to stay home today. I’m proposing a little game for this auspicious occasion. I like to make fun of Lloyd on various occasions by making that extra ‘l’ stand for something. For instance: If Lloyd has been relaxing on the couch all Saturday and can’t be bothered to come and see the adorable thing the cat is doing, I’ll say, “Lloyd. The extra ‘l’ is for ‘lazy’.” Today, though, let us not cut him down, but rather build him up! I’ll start!

“Lloyd. The extra ‘l’ is for lazy!” Dang. That wasn’t right.

26 Responses to “Happy Birthday to Lloyd!”

Gee, let me be the 1st to wish you a Happy Birthday Lloyd!!
    Hmmm….the extra “l” is for legendary & lentils. Have a great day!!

I thought Lloyd wore short sleeves.

The extra “l” is for lissotrichous, though that doesn’t really describe Lloyd. You do have a nice head of hair though, Lloyd. Happy Birthday!

The extra ‘l’ is for lager. I believe something you like.

Lloyd our leader!
    P.S. No school in Omaha either. They called it off last night already. I went to the Final Four and got stuck here because of the ice and snow.

5. Curt Said on:

Happy Birthday Lloyd!! Everytime I read your name I read it as “La-Loyd” due to the double L. I think it is so I remember how to spell it.

Also, every once and a while when going through our customer master at work, I come across an entry named “House of Lloyd”. It is located in MO. I don’t know if they are still in business or not.

Thank you, Curt, I will treasure your birthday wishes forever. I’ve been to House of Lloyd. My mom and sister liked to go there when she (my sister) was in KC. I didn’t like it, they kept telling me not to make my self so much at home.

• christina Said on:

sigh…House of Lloyd went out of business about four years ago. The extra stuff store was about two miles from my house when we lived in Kansas City and we were very sad to see it go. sigh…

Happy B-lated birthday L’loyd. For the record, the extra L is for Little, as in Little Lloyd!

6. Mark Said on:

Happy Birthday, Lloyd! To me, the extra “L” stands for ‘loving’ because you have been given an assignment by God to love my sister. Yeah,…good luck with that.

7. Mark Said on:

To Lauren: you know I’m just kidding. I can’t make fun of you for “knitial” pancakes anymore.

8. Michele Said on:

Birthday Haiku for Lloyd:

Happy Birthday Lloyd!
    The extra “l” is so nice 🙂
    It stands for lucky!

(Lucky because you got a snow day!)

9. Lauren's mom Said on:

The first (extra) L must be for “logistics”,… or “logical”, or… maybe, “Lutheran”?
    Happy birthdays, L and L , …Lauren and Lloyd!!

10. Beth Marshall Said on:

BIRTHDAY LOVE TO LLYOD!

11. Aunt Lolly Said on:

I think the extra l is for Love. You are very much loved by so many people, it has to be that! I love you Sunshine! Aunt Lolly

You must have gone somewhere fun for Lloyd’s birthday and haven’t had opportunity to post yet…
    Because it’s 7:18am and there’s no new post for today…

13. Mom Said on:

I always thought that extra L was for Loyal and full of Love. Happy Birthday!