That stupid faucet.

That stupid faucet.

April 10, 2009

Home 'Improvement'

Our kitchen faucet is leaking AGAIN, and this time Lloyd doesn’t want to fix it – he just wants to buy a new one. This is a HUGE problem because it takes us forever to make any kind of decision like that. He wants to get a big commercial-style one, with which I am completely on board, but I’m thinking that we can’t put a cool faucet on our crummy sink and even crummier countertops, so right there we’ve spent thousands of imaginary dollars. (We have this same problem when discussing putting a deck out back. I just want a deck, he wants to build a super-deck just off the kitchen and turn the kitchen window into a door that goes right out to it – and the discussion dies in a puff of burning dollars.)

Anyway, one of the goals for this weekend was to figure out the faucet situation. That hasn’t happened so far, but …. eh. Lloyd’s got a cold so we’re moving slowly around here. (Another goal is – Taxes! That’s Sunday afternoon’s job.)

16 Responses to “That stupid faucet.”

Okay, let me tell you how this goes. I know this from my own home improvement experiences:

You will never replace the sink and counter tops. You will keep thinking “Some day… some day…”, but that day will never come. There you will dwell, bound to your grief under the fading trees, until all the world has changed and all the years of your long life are utterly spent.

I think you should just get a new faucet.

2. CousinSam Said on:

Lloyd is right. Deck, Door, Super Deck.

Lauren is right. New countertops! New sink! New faucet! (New stove?)

• CousinSam Said on:

You must spend an extraodinary amount of time imposing on the Sommerers. For those of us that only blow through for a couple days ever 5 years or so, a deck IS the only needed appliance. Oh, and a refridgerator for beers.

Hehe…I want/need a new countertop & floor…mine has some dinks in it & I just want an updated one. Then I think…”An island too & we’ll just eat in the dinning room…but too far to walk…chairs at the island?…or just expand the kitchen into the dinning room & not have a dining room?” I’ve been processing this for years. I fear Brad is right.

5. Aaron Said on:

okay we have decided 2 hold this url hostage cause my bro can’t seem 2 answer his phone.

6. Aaron Said on:

it’s been 2 days

7. Aaron Said on:

oh and by the way what are you guys doing for heights point?

8. Deborah Said on:

Just mix some vodka with that orange juice on the counter and you will not care about your dripping faucet.

How many plugins does that outlet have, anyway? It looks like 6!

Two switches and an outlet. We do have a crazy amount of outlets for a tiny kitchen, though. 9! (5 accessible for plugging in things, 4 for permanent appliances -- fridge, etc.)

As the owner of a super-deck (which is now old and ugly and needs new railings), I say go with the super-deck. You’ll want to have jillions of parties and sit out there all summer.